.17 Rem Kokotukki?

Discussion in 'Sako Mannlichers and Carbines' started by gowyo, Apr 21, 2021.

1. gowyo

gowyo Sako Junkie

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    Did Sako ever produce any in this caliber?

What calibers did they make in the 461/AI fullstocks? .222, .222 RM, .223, .220 Russian...not much else out there at the time. Benny and I chatted, neither of us have seen any PPC'S. Did O'Brien ever put out a fullstock? I've seen H&R's in .223 and .222.

Thanks,

Gary

2. kevinlg

kevinlg Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Gary.......

17 Rem.........yes.

"Kokotukki" ????..........what the hell is that???!!!(edit: Just found out it's "mannlicher-style")

O'Brien Rifle Co. made 17MachIV, 17 Javelina, and 17 Magnum......no fullstocks.

H&R made the 17-223, and the 17 Rem.

Hope this helps.

3. icebear

icebear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Kokotukki is full-stock in Finnish. Koko is full or complete; tukki is a stock.

4. gowyo

gowyo Sako Junkie

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    Aha! Kevin, I'm smiling! Old dog, new tricks! I had seen this model name on a sako print ad some time ago. I've been using the term lately since I picked up my AII .308, mainly so Sako gets all the recognition and Mannlicher doesn't. Now I have an AV .338 as well. Both of these are late models, with the hunter style stock as the basis for the fullstock. I know that sako made the AI using the hunter stock base as well. In .223 and .222. I've been looking for one. I have an AI hunter in .17 Rem, (with Iron sights) and I started wondering if they had ever made a full stock in .17...

5. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I don't think that a .17 Rem was ever on Sako's official list of full stock offerings.

That doesn't mean that they didn't make some. As we've discovered, there are quite a few Sako one-offs, prototypes, or uncataloged products floating around, like a semi-auto rifle, an O/U shotgun, a Deluxe Finnwolf, a "magnum length" Finnwolf, and a few L46's in .32-20 to name a few.