• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

270 finnbear questions

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Banned
hi,
Does anyone have any info on a 270 finnbear? The numbers i got off the barrel are 110378. It wasnt listed in the document section. On the magazine part a 76 is stamped. I got it from my uncle, he said he bought it in 1952. Im looking for a value, and some general info.
thanks

Your .270 is not a Finnbear. It is an earlier Sako built on an FN Mauser action. Sako did not introduce its action for full-length and magnum cartridges (L61R) until around 1961 or so. Prior to that, cartridges such as .270, .300 H & H, etc were built on the FN action.

From what little I can see of your gun in the photo, it looks in nice condition. It should be worth roughly the same as an early L61R in the same condition. A few collectors might give more, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in "pre-Sako Sakos".

Thanks for the info. What is an L61R worth? I think my uncle said that he had the stock rebed, and he added the 2 darker wooden pieces to the stock. The gun shoots very nicely, sub moa at 100yds. I would like to change out the trigger for something alittle nicer, Im getting some creep after i take the safety off. Would i need a m98 trigger, a m98 fn trigger, or something totatly different?
thanks

I wouldn't worry about what it's worth, because it should be worth more to you than to anyone else. The customized stock work actually detracts from the gun's market value slightly, but I'm sure that it enhances its appeal to you, as it should. In original condition and disregarding the scope, I would guess that it would move fairly quickly at $600, and would likely hang around a while at $800. Others may have another view.

Sako actually made some triggers for FN Mausers. Whether this is one of those or an FN trigger is impossible to say without taking the gun out of the stock. If it is a Sako trigger, then it can likely be adjusted to please you. If not, you can purchase an aftermarket trigger (be sure to get one with a safety) that can be installed with minimal fitting.

Back