• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

3 Days In A Row, Virus Eradicating

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Oh, gotcha. That makes a lot more sense. I don't know much about the critters out West, been to South Dakota once PD hunting last spring. Was planning on going again in June, but doesn't look like it will happen. Must be a blast to live right where you can hunt them!

I live where I would vacation...

I thought you just vacationed in the southwest to get away from the Montana cold and snow. During our hot and dry summer months, I love to vacation in Wyoming and Montana to escape the heat, but I'll never move out of Texas. It's easy to see why "Lonesome Dove" took their cattle to Montana.

I thought you just vacationed in the southwest to get away from the Montana cold and snow. During our hot and dry summer months, I love to vacation in Wyoming and Montana to escape the heat, but I'll never move out of Texas. It's easy to see why "Lonesome Dove" took their cattle to Montana.

We headed south to Arizona to see our daughter grandchildren and my brother talked me into going to visit him in Texas. From El Paso to Abilene I nearly turned around several times. The oil fields, trucks and wind generators nearly ruined the trip. He told me to stop at the “Cattleman’s” for dinner and I am glad he did, it was fantastic.

It was good to see a part of America I hadn’t seen before, but I was glad to get back to Montana. Retirement changes your perspective a bit, traveling is something I had never done before. Winter in Montana gets long when you aren’t preoccupied with work, but can’t be beat for outdoor recreational activities...

Traveling I-10 from El Paso to its intersection with I-20 you are in the northern portion of the Chihuahuan Desert. Had it not mostly been severely overgrazed in the first half of the 20th Century you might find its mountains and plains more appealing. But its recovering landscape holds mule deer, pronghorn, desert bighorns, javelinas, mountain lions, aoudad sheep, prairie dogs, and even elk.

Shortly after turning onto I-20, from there to Abilene you are in oil boom country where nothing gets in the way of the Holy and Blessed oil-seekers to whom God has given all rights to land, water, air, and particularly highways. When oil is $60 you take your life in your hands to drive on their highways. Now that oil is $25 a barrel you'll have the road to yourself since they're not using it. The windmills are actually a visual improvement over the slush pits.

Texas has unique, varied, and in many ways beautiful geography. Like most places on Earth it was nicer before humans altered its nature.

Back