• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

6.5 Creedmoor Chamber Issue. Need Help

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I just recently acquired a TRG in 6.5 Creedmoor. I had ran the Hornady 140gr EDL my first round with no issues. I just started reloading with Peterson Brass LR with 139gr Lapua Scenar bullets. Powder is VV N555. I calibrated my COAL off the VV reloading Data which stated 2.717". When I tried to slide a round into the chamber, the bullet tip is striking and jamming against the chamber wall and not entering the chamber. Has anyone had this issue? Trying to figure out why this would happen. Do I need to seat further down? That'll just end up increasing my pressure. Any advice would help. Thanks!!!

Beings your the one with the rifle, brass & bullets in hand, it would seem you are in a much better position to analyze the problem than any of us. If it were me, I would make up a dummy round starting with a COAL that is the maximum length your magazine or freebore will allow & then incrementally shorten it until it feeds. If that doesn't do it your problem lies elsewhere. The COAL given in a loading manual is not where I would start. COAL that works best can vary from rifle to rifle & bullet to bullet. Finding the COAL that both feeds & is accurate is the quest.

I have a strange feeling my mag wasn't seated all the way. I'll know once I get home from work. I'll kick my rear if that's all it is. But I'll be happy if that's all it is.

I tried to actually bend the mag lips out just a hair on each side. That made a world of a difference. Now cycles like butter. Have any of you seen this issue before? Could it be that the mags for the .308 and 6.5 are the same and need adjusting for the 6.5?

I believe that is one pretty common modification people do to their TRG's. The mags are the same for both calibers, but 308 also benefits from the wider feed lips. I wonder why they aren't made that way to begin with.

I believe that is one pretty common modification people do to their TRG's. The mags are the same for both calibers, but 308 also benefits from the wider feed lips. I wonder why they aren't made that way to begin with.
I agree. At the price point they are at, I would assume there should be zero issues. At least when it comes to feeding rounds from the mag. Shooter, or loader error I would understand.

Latest posts

Back