A Brief History of H&R Ultra Wildcats and the Sako L461 Action

Discussion in 'Sako Short Actions' started by ricksengines, Aug 18, 2015.

1. kevinlg

kevinlg Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    John,

It is item #151844548987.

Be very careful of hole spacings......and receiver heights.

2. John Lawrence.

John Lawrence. Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New York
    Just picked this one up NOS in the box as a spare, but I prefer the two piece mounts that I have, now I need another 317 - anybody know of a 317P for sale ?

Attached Files:

3. ricksengines

ricksengines Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Hi John

I said before I think I have several of the one piece Redfield mounts. If you can be patient I'll dig one out for you. It won't be until later next week as I have company coming in tomorrow for a long visit. Kindly be patient.

rick

4. John Lawrence.

John Lawrence. Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New York
    Rick - No rush, when you get a chance shoot me a pic and if I can use it, we will work it out. John

5. ricksengines

ricksengines Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Hi John

Well company is gone and I finally had a chance to get out tot he shop to dig out a Redfield JR 317 H&R Mount. I found three of these puppies in the mount box. Two of them are new and one looks to be slightly used. I intentionally did not remove the mount from the plastic packaging as t is lubed in there to prevent rust. Hopefully you can see the three mounting screws. When you mount one of these you have to be very careful to get the right screws in the right places or they will interfere with the bolt and cause all kinds of damage to it. Here is a pic of one of them. These are pretty tough to get a hold of but if I see one I'll let you know.

As I said, I am going to post pics of the new recoil pad that Jerry just installed on the A&M 256 Newton. If you or anyone want to see it please go over to that thread and have a read.

PA230623.JPG

6. John Lawrence.

John Lawrence. Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New York
    Rick - I picked up one of these on ebay a while ago, but I prefer the two piece mounts, which I now have - Thanks, John.

7. havana

havana Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    Stonecreek, Don't know if anyone ever answered your old question from 2015. The shotgun in question is probably a Webley & Scott. For a period H&R imported Webley & Scott and later Churchill shotguns from England.

stonecreek likes this.