BUYER BEWARE here....

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by northernlights, Feb 26, 2021.

1. northernlights

northernlights Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New Hampshire
    Original Bofors .223 rems are highly desirable and highly sought after so I feel compelled to say: Potential BUYERS BEWARE here. There is A LOT more non-original than original about this Sako rifle listed on GB, which is represented to be a L-461 .223 Rem in 97% condition.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/893017583

I have no vested interest at all in this auction other than pointing out what are either ill-informed (I'll give the seller the benefit of the doubt) or dishonest inferences by omission not disclosing the non-originality of this rifle, a rifle which one of our SCC Forum members might otherwise be interested in. SCC members: BUYER BEWARE. This rifle is a highly non-original Sako L-461"Bofors marked" .223 and not a 97% (original) condition Bofors L-461 .223 rem.

northernlights

(I don't know if the tenor of my post is permissible or not on the Forum. If not, moderators please delete. nl)

mlesh, L61R and Tomball like this.

2. icebear

icebear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Rechambered, and the wood is refinished. The clumsy overstamp of the caliber marking is a dead giveaway.

3. L61R

L61R SCC President Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    We always like when the knowledgable members chip in on the forums. Whether it’s about fake guns or just social banter, feel free to speak out!!:)

And yes, the overstamping look like crap to be honest!!

Jim