Fiberclass 7mm Mag

Discussion in 'Sako Long/Magnum Actions' started by RDW, Feb 24, 2021.

1. RDW

RDW Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US South Carolina
    Hi to all, I would like to have any information possible for my rifle. As stated it's a Fiberclass 7mm Mag.
    The S/N is 600207. I've included a couple of photos, I hope.
    I truly enjoy and have learned so much from all you folks.
    Thanks very much.

Attached Files:

2. Tomball

Tomball Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Look on the forum on left side of page under all things Sako etc and look under long/mag actions. You have an AV which began with L61R in the early 60s. Plenty of reading of information there regarding the beginning and evolution of this series of Sakos. Welcome to the group.

3. RDW

RDW Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US South Carolina
    Tomball, That is the section I posted the question. Maybe I should have been a bit clearer. I'm speaking more directly to my S/N rifle. As in when it was made, where it was originally shipped to, that sort of thing.

4. Tomball

Tomball Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    The Club records are for earlier era rifles than the AV. I will guess your rifle was made in 87/88 time frame. This is based off of notes I have and time frame and serial numbers for those years of some of my rifles. Cannot guarantee these dates since Sako did not sequently number their rifles. Where shipped and to whom, without actual shipping documents, impossible to determine. Beretta is not known to respond to this type of request or any request for the most part. Beretta purchased Sako long after your rifle was manufactured. Sorry I cannot help further, others may chime in with information they may have accumulated.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  5. RDW

RDW Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US South Carolina
    You've been a great help. You've told me more than I knew before.
    I bought the rifle new while I was stationed in Germany. I purchased it at the Army Rod and Gun Club in 1998. They told me a guy put a down payment for them to order it for him and then he left Germany before the rifle arrived. The Rod and Gun had the rifle several months prior to me buying it. The paperwork that should have been with the gun was misplaced, image the government misplacing paperwork.
    All I knew before was it was made before 1998.
    This rifle has never been shot. I've got many other guns I shoot.

Thanks very much,
    Rick