• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

First Gun Show in Two Years

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

douglastwo

Sako-addicted
I just returned from the Tulsa Gun Show. Seemed attendance was down because it was definitely easier to walk the aisles. Still a lot of people though. Also less dealers as evidence by empty tables. I'd guess 25% wore masks, but that may be too high. People seemed excited to be at the show. Ammo resellers were busy selling outrageously priced ammo. Folks were acting as if ammo prices are never coming back to normal. It looked to me the prices were 2 to 3 times normal. I didn't buy any rifle ammo, just couldn't bring myself to pay around $80 for a box of 264. I did pay $45 for 3 boxes of 3" 410 and was very proud of myself. All the other 410 ammo I saw was priced at $35 - $50 per box. Lots of reloading components was selling like crazy. Lots of ammo and components was snatched up Friday before the public hit on Saturday morning. I probably saw 10 Sakos, but my radar was set for pre-72 Deluxes. There were more Sakos there that didn't show up on my radar. I'm already excited about going next April.

I just returned from the Tulsa Gun Show. Seemed attendance was down because it was definitely easier to walk the aisles. Still a lot of people though. Also less dealers as evidence by empty tables. I'd guess 25% wore masks, but that may be too high. People seemed excited to be at the show. Ammo resellers were busy selling outrageously priced ammo. Folks were acting as if ammo prices are never coming back to normal. It looked to me the prices were 2 to 3 times normal. I didn't buy any rifle ammo, just couldn't bring myself to pay around $80 for a box of 264. I did pay $45 for 3 boxes of 3" 410 and was very proud of myself. All the other 410 ammo I saw was priced at $35 - $50 per box. Lots of reloading components was selling like crazy. Lots of ammo and components was snatched up Friday before the public hit on Saturday morning. I probably saw 10 Sakos, but my radar was set for pre-72 Deluxes. There were more Sakos there that didn't show up on my radar. I'm already excited about going next April.
Also attended a gun show over the weekend. Masks were about the same, maybe 1 in 4. Only one Sako, an altered AV in .338. Seriously overpriced. Did buy a Beretta 686 Onyx in 20 ga. Great wood. Apparently, some lookie-lou put a nice ding in it on Saturday, so on Sunday I was able to negotiate a nice discount, after patiently listening to the owners f-bomb latent rant. Ammo, powder and other components were scattered about, some reasonably priced, some not. Bought a .257 Roberts die set.

Was able to buy 16 boxes of 6.5 CM (recently purchased) on Saturday at Cabela’s. I bought 8 boxes, as did my wife. $17.99 for Herters and $42.99 for Hornady Precision Hunter. Not too bad. Club members are allowed 8 boxes per day when available. Also found some Hornady Whiltetail and some Peters at a couple of other places.

Thanks, douglastwo for the Tulsa update as it has been an annual or semi-annual event for my brothers and me for the past 10 years or more. Missed it completely last year of course and this month. Hoping to attend it in November as all of us have now have our "rabies" vaccines!

Back