• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Gander Mountain Used Guns On-Line....P94S HB .22

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

0710point

Gander Mountain now has a Used Guns page with search.... Sako P94S Heavy Barrel .22 is listed for $1200 plus $25 shipping

thanks for the heads up.

Is is just me, or has the little FINNFIREs doubled in price over the last couple of years ? What's going on with them, I really don't know.

DeerGoose

Finnfire prices are through the roof right now. Last one I bought new was 510.00 10years ago at a Dallas retail store. Kept it for 3 years and sold it for slightly more than I paid. Little over two years ago I bought a Range off GB for 710.00, mint in the box, couldn't tell if it had been fired but was advertised as used. I was the only bidder on a 14 day auction. Performance was really disappointing considering the way it looked, my son could kick my butt with any ammo with his Quad. As with most marginal performers I've owned, after 6 months it went back up on GB, I got 700.00 for it, with good pics, in a 14 day auction. Fast forward, it seems guys are listing their Ranges north of 1200.00 now, used Sporters are bringing 750-850 and the heavy barreled Varmints...well... stupid money? This week a mint used Sporter with box went for 1325.00 and I picked up this mint Varmint, no box, for 850.00, snagging it 1 hr after it came out on a Buy it now. Every Varmint P94S Varmint I've seen has gone for 1K+ lately.

As for performance, in the realm of factory rifles they're competitive, you'll get sent packing bowing up against one of the Lilja barreled sporters. I own a 78 22lr, 3 Quads, and 2 P94S's, Varmint and Sporter. I also own a Lilja barreled P94s Hunter BR rifle which will smoke the lot, as it should. I'm picking up the Varmint today(for my 3rd stock P94S) and haven't shot it yet but out of the 6 rimfires I've listed, my son's 22LR Quad is by far the most accurate, which I attribute to the factory barrel. We can swap the barrel and the accuracy follows it. Needless to say he claims to have marked it somewhere so Dad can't swap it out. Pics of the new GB score. The other Finnfires I own will shoot sub MOA, no reason to think this one won't.

cmjr-
If it shoots as good as it looks, you are home free. Nice. Let me know how it shoots. BTW, I assume the varmints are more accurate than the sporters? And what is the Range model?

thanks for the info guys. That is one fine looking Finnfire, CMJR. Congrats on a terrific find.

yes, all consistent with what I'm seeing. I went to a show earlier this year, and the guy wanted $675 for a used FF, when I made my second pass through the show it was gone. I was thinking somebody paid too much, as I remember when you could buy them all day long for $500. I was wrong ! Now I see all this north of $1k stuff for any FF, holy cow ! All good if you got a stash of FinnFires for sale.

DeerGoose

Bill, here is a pic of the Sako P94S Range. This one was listed on GB for 1400.00, got no bids and hasn't been relisted. Might have been purchased off line, don't know.

Anschutz 54 compared to a Sako Range as far as accuracy? Having owned both and still own a couple 54's, I'm not convinced there is anything as accurate in a factory rifle as a Anschutz 54, in any config. Add a Lilja barrel to the Sako and it's close.

Back