• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L46 222 surprised by auction - maybe something wrong

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I've never seen a L46 standard sporter sell for over a grand unless it was a rare caliber like a 218 Bee, 22 Hornet, 7x33, etc., although I'm sure some of the common 222's have. Yours appears to be in outstanding condition & all original, so if you possibly paid a little too much who care's. It not going to make a difference in your lifestyle. Relax & enjoy it. Life's too short to fret over a few bucks. If you thought it would sell for more than your bid, you probably need to study the market a bit more before diving in on Gunbroken again. You've got a great start on your Sako collection with three of the all time classic Sako models.

I thought it went for more than average for an L46 standard sporter in .222, but it does appear to be in outstanding condition and condition is everything in pricing a collectible gun. I was watching that gun on GB and I thought it was a really outstanding example. You paid a premium for condition; no problem. When you go to test fire it be sure the action screws are tight - they loosen up as older wood loses moisture, and loose action screws will screw up accuracy as quickly as anything else I assume you have a Sako clamp-on peep sight so you can test fire it without a scope.

Unfortunately, only members of 24 hour campfire can view the photos. Perhaps you could download and repost? I'm kind of curious what makes an L46 in .222 worth that kind of money.

I thought it went for more than average for an L46 standard sporter in .222, but it does appear to be in outstanding condition and condition is everything in pricing a collectible gun. I was watching that gun on GB and I thought it was a really outstanding example. You paid a premium for condition; no problem. When you go to test fire it be sure the action screws are tight - they loosen up as older wood loses moisture, and loose action screws will screw up accuracy as quickly as anything else I assume you have a Sako clamp-on peep sight so you can test fire it without a scope.
Thanks Icebear, I will check the action screws and I do have a clamp on peep.
HC

Back