• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L461 6x45mm

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

tilleyman

Just thought I’d show my latest project, a 6x45mm built on an early L461 in .222 Magnum with an utterly shot out barrel.
Gunsmith Bob DeVries of Kudu Services did an impressive job... 24” 1:10 TSE barrel copied from original Sako profile.
Very well balanced rifle, will pivot on the forward action screw... and shoots really well with 70gr Blitzkings or 70gr Nosler Ballistic Tips av 2936fps from just 24.6gr 2219 powder!

Only niggle is max COAL limited to 58.0mm to work though the standard magazine and eject a loaded round.

8B0F77C0-AF4E-4A5D-BEC6-4EBF59BF7263.jpeg E983ADC7-CC83-45B7-87A3-5CDC5C17D12D.jpeg 006AC4F2-BBA3-4DBF-88EB-ACBA83F54487.jpeg .

Last edited:
Nice rig! I bought a custom 6x45 on a Sako L461 a little while back. Haven't had too much chance to work with it, but it's a neat caliber. I think that the AR2219 is sold as Hodgdon 322 in the U.S.

I have a custom 6x45 built on a L469 that is my go-to coyote rifle. You are going to love yours!! 75 grain V-Max & Sierra 85 grain Game Kings is what I feed mine @ 3150 fps & 2950 fps respectively. H335 & IMR 8208 worked good in my Shilen 24" 10 twist barrel. Good luck!

These are Sako Optilock Ringmounts 1"/26mm which I think fit the diminutive L461 action better than the usual Optilock modular base and ring setup.
Contrary to some stories I've heard about Optilock ringmounts being unsuitable for the early Sako actions (maybe they meant long action L61R where the scope eye relief can't be adjusted correctly?) these work fine if set up as in my pics with the front mount centred on the dovetail, the rear one of course has the stop pin.
https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/sako-ringmounts-1-26mm-blued-steel/s1701900/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back