• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

l61r finnbear fullstock 300 winmag

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Wilson

After much waiting it finally made it here, my first sako. It comes up to my shoulder like it was made for me, and I cannot wait to get out hunting with it. I hope I have done this right, never posted pictures before.(I apologize for no full pic of rifle, it did not turn out and do to a possible move it is being stored in a safe place, will post once a better pic is sent to me) 090.jpg 105.jpg 117.jpg 118.jpg 123.jpg

Attachments

• 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 108.jpg
    108.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 41
  • 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 42
It has a sn # 601xx, and also came surprisingly with a 12 groove barrel. The peep sight is very well made and fitted extremely well not only to the dovetail, but aligns perfectly to the front site. There are a few scuffs and marks, but as this is going to be my hunter rifle they are of no concern to me, the bore is mirror brite and has the smoothest action I have ever cycled. I have a z6 1.7 by 10 waiting to go on, and I think it will end up in conetrol mounts. If anyone could add to what I have tried to learn about this rifle, that would be appreciated. thank you.

Mate a pretty nice rifle to start your sako collection with. Is it a carbine of a full length fullstock?

You got a good one, Wilson. Yes, that one is from 1971, and has all of the good pre-'72 features like the sling swivels and finely checkered scope blocks. Bluing will be very fine and the wood has the typical dark stain like pre72 rifles from that era. Great Find !

Enjoy your rifle, it will shoot well!
thanks for the pics,
DeerGoose

I am very much looking forward to working out a good load for this rifle, most likely some 180gr tsx .but first will be to get the glass mounted. I needed a rifle I would be very happy with for quiet a few hunting seasons, and I knew this would be it. Have to be practical with a baby on the way.

Back