1. Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim
    Dismiss Notice

Lowest Sako ring mount height for Swaro Z6 scope?

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by Finny, May 19, 2022.

1. Finny

Finny Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    Hi guys

Quick question. I recently purchased a Swarovski Z6i 1-6x24 scope & would love to know which is the lowest 30mm Sako Optilock ring mounts I can use on a Sako 85 in 308win?

thanks in advance

Last edited: May 19, 2022

2. P04R

P04R Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    European Union
    Low ringmounts or extra low ring+base should be fine. I have Z6 on X-low ring+base on my 85/S. It leaves brass marks on the windage turret cap, but ejects perfectly fine.

3. South Pender

South Pender Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    The low Optilock ring mounts are lower than the extra low Optilock bases + rings. They measure about .40" from receiver to bottom of ring opening (or bottom of scope)--or seen another way, they put the centerline of the scope at about .99" above the receiver top. I have them with my Swarovski Z6 1.7-10x42 scope.

If you want to go lower than that, your best bet would probably be the Leupold Sako ring mounts (medium; Leupold don't show a low 30mm for Sako), which will put the centerline of the scope at .86" above the top of the receiver.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  4. Finny

Finny Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    Thanks for the replies, much appreciated!