1. Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim
    Dismiss Notice

L46 New L469 222 rem mag mannlicher

Discussion in 'Show us your Sako' started by HelSako, May 23, 2022.

1. HelSako

HelSako Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    European Union
    I just got a. New rifle today, serial no 822xx. Topped with Weaver V7W

Attached Files:

2. deergoose

deergoose Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    Awesome. Does it say "Vixen" on the left side of the barrel? that's a late run L46(9) rifle that you have. I'm surprised they made it in .222Mag. Congrats!

DeerGoose

3. HelSako

HelSako Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    European Union
    Thanks! It has the ”Vixen” stamped on the left and ”bofors steel” on the right

Old Hippie and deergoose like this.
  4. deergoose

deergoose Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    Stamped L469 and "Vixen"....how cool is that !!??? not many of those around, I tell ya.

congrats again!
    DeerGoose

Old Hippie likes this.
  5. icebear

icebear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Fantastic! A very, very late production item. I would guess it was built after the L461 was introduced, assembled from parts in inventory. What is the barrel length? It appears to be a full-length rifle (600 mm) rather than a carbine (500 mm). An L469 kokotukki carbine is rare; a full-stock rifle with a 600mm barrel has to be even more rare. Congratulations on finding a true Holy Grail of Sako collecting. Let us know how it shoots!

Here's my L469 .222 Magnum carbine. It's quite accurate, especially with Sako ammunition (which is no longer available in the USA in .222 Magnum). Looks a lot like yours, except for the barrel length.
    L469-222 Mag 1.JPG L469-222 Mag 3.JPG

boyracer, Spaher, douglastwo and 2 others like this.
  6. HelSako

HelSako Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    European Union
    That is beauty, you have monte carlo stock? It is a 600mm full lenght rifle. I took couple of pictures of the stampings for records. I am not familiar of the US comes - so what you think about the scope? When I saw the rifle I feel it was somehow special I have to had it

Attached Files:

ricksengines and deergoose like this.
  7. Jeffy1

Jeffy1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    Helsako, great acquisition. Quite rare. I am sure it will shoot great.

8. douglastwo

douglastwo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    WOW Helsako and Icebear, you guys have two rare and beautiful rifles with those two. Where can I find one? I'd almost trade my 244 Deluxe for one of those.

deergoose likes this.
  9. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Really nice rifle you have there. Thanks for show us.

10. icebear

icebear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Yes, it is a Monte Carlo stock. The late-production L46 and L469 rifles exported to the US had Monte Carlo stocks like the ones on the L461. I see your rifle has a classic-style stock with a straight comb. It is the only L469 I have ever seen with the older style stock.My best guess would be that noting the very high serial number of your rifle, it was put together at the factory from leftover parts after the nominal end of L469 production. According to Hyytinen, a few L469 rifles with serial numbers between 81826 and 82225 were assembled in 1964.

deergoose likes this.