• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

No recoil lug?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi there,

I'm a little at a loss.
I recently acquired my Finnlight II in .308 and now dismantled it.

I have attached two pictures. Isn't the recoil lug missing?
The system can be moved and has hardly any support points. Please help.

20201228_090630xakck.jpg

20201228_090621p6kpa.jpg

Greetings Michael

For German Guys please send me a pn to explain my issue better.

Your recoil lug is missing!! It is a separate part that goes in the cut out in the stock & fits over the lug on the bottom of the action that the action screw goes into. It is not connected to the action & someone forgot to put it in when they put the barreled action back in the stock. Just Google "Sako 75 recoil lug" & you will get a picture of it & how it fits in the stock.

I mean this metal part. Should it be in my rifle or not.?
Yes, as Paulson stated. Push the lug into the corresponding slot in the stock. Then the two oval male and female matched components will marry up. Once the guard screws are installed and properly tightened the assembly’s will pull together and provide a stable platform. The slot in the action is utilized in aftermarket stocks with an aluminum bedding block.

Ok, I would do that but in the scope of delivery the part is missing. I wondered why the system wobbles. So I search the internet for more information and found this forum.
Thank you for your answers. I need to go to the gunsmith and confront him with it.

Latest posts

Back