1. Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim
    Dismiss Notice

Sako Ammunition Origin of current Sako brass?

Discussion in 'Sako Ammunition' started by stonecreek, Jun 20, 2018.

1. RifleNutPPC

RifleNutPPC Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    Accuflite Sports website shows they have Sako 222 Remington brass in stock

2. piper235b

piper235b Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Just to finish off the story, I received a response today, not bad - took only 1 month.

On an Australian forum I posted the same question, and 1 guy said it took a few months for the paperwork to arrive; and another gave a similar response, so no big deal (apart from filling in the appliactions).

My postage estimate above is too high. I must have clicked on priory delivery. A Standard International AusPost 2kg satchel is about $85 and a 5kg satchel is about $112, inc. tracking & insurance etc. Even so, it's expensive brass by the time it arrives in the USA.

Cheers
    Piper

Thank you for your email of 15 September 2020 to the Department of Defence, about the requirement for an export permit for unprimed brass rifle cases. Your correspondence has been passed to me for response.

The unprimed brass rifle cases are controlled under the Defence and Strategic Goods List (DSGL) item code ML3.a and therefore will require a Defence Export Permit prior to export.

The process for acquiring a Defence Export Permit is as follows:

1. Please create an account on the Defence Export Controls (DEC) forms website, found at this URL: https://portal.exportcontrolsforms.defence.gov.au/.

2. You will be able to use your account to submit a Client Registration Form to DEC. Once registered, you will receive an email providing you with a unique Defence Client Registration Number (DCRN). Please note that in order to register for a DCRN, you are also required to register in the Integrated Cargo System (ICS) administered by Australian Border Force (ABF). This is a one-time registration process; once registered, your DCRN can be used for all future permit applications.

3. Using this DCRN you will be able to submit an application to export or supply controlled goods and technology, also known as a DEC0l application form. Your application will then undergo assessment and, if successful, you will be provided with a Defence Export Permit via email. The standard timeframe for processing is between 15 - 35 business days depending on the complexity of the assessment.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the application process or about export controls, please contact DEC on 1800 66 10 66 or by email at [email protected]. There is also a wealth of information to be found on our website, www.defence.gov.au/ExportControls/

Assistant Secretary Defence Export Controls

Department of Defence Russell Offices
    Canberra ACT 2610

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020