Sako TRGs Picatinny rail

Discussion in 'Sako TRGs' started by benny, Feb 8, 2015.

1. benny

benny Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Anyone have tips on removing the picatinny rail from a TRG 22?? I assume they use some kind of thread lock.

2. benny

benny Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Guess this board isn't too active but if anyone is interested, i used a pencil type soldiering iron to heat the screws. A few minutes each and they came out easily. Had to use a brass drift and tap the rail to remove it. They use a little adhesive to bond the rail to the receiver. Now going to order a NEAR 25 moa rail!

3. misako50

misako50 Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Sorry Benny- I was gone for 20 minutes and realize that is just not going to work in this day and age of instant gratification. However, since we generally don't get "picatinny" questions about our collectable Sakos, I hope we can be forgiven for the oversight.-Misako

4. benny

benny Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Oh didn't mean to sound derogatory! I enjoy reading alot about the collectables. I guess i should realize that Sakos aren't your common everyday rifle!

5. misako50

misako50 Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Not to worry. I am just having fun with you. I wish I could afford collecting the TRGs but my friendly little rib would start to show a "Dark Side" if I paid that much for the rifles I've got.-Misako

6. bloorooster

bloorooster Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    The TRG not only carries a hefty price tag, but also carries some hefty...um...heftiness! I picked one up in a gun room a while back and had to plant my feet a little bit more to get it to my shoulder. Definitely not the bofors cup of tea I am a customed to:D

Benny...with a 25 MOA rail you will no doubt be working the outermost ranges. Tell us more? 308? 338? Optics?

:rolleyes: Photos? We like photos! ~Bloorooster

7. benny

benny Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    It's a .308 with a 26" barrel. My goal is 1000 yards. I'm a target shooter hence the heavy rifle. I had a Browning .308 X bolt that was a really nice rifle but at 6.3 pounds I had to reset after every shoot!!! I toyed with the notions of getting a 300 or 338 but .308 fit my needs and I reload .308 for my M1A. I'm waiting for the near rail, I have a Vortex viper PST 6-24X50 with matched Votex rings ready to go. When it's all set I'll post pictures!