• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako TRGs Putting a Suppressor on a TRG22 ?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Rocky

Has anyone here put a Suppressor on a TRG22? If so how did you do it?

The Suppressor that I have has the 5/8-25 threads, but from what I take it the Sako has M18x1 threads.

I purchased from X Caliber a thread adapter but the diameter is not large enough to put on the TRG22. I know that I can re-thread the barrel but I really don't want to because then the Sako muzzle brake will not fit.

If someone on this Forum has done such can you tell me how you went about it?

Thanks dodgyrog. I found out what my problem was. X Caliber sent me the wrong adapter and the correct one is in the mail.
This should take care of my problem.

Thanks dodgyrog. I found out what my problem was. X Caliber sent me the wrong adapter and the correct one is in the mail.
Rocky, I am in the exact same situation at this point. How did everything work out with your adoption? Any guidance or direction would be welcomed. Thank you!

Rocky, I am in the exact same situation. How did everything work out with the adaption? Any guidance or direction would be welcomed. Thank you!

In case you want to use your suppressor on another rifle some day & the barrel threads don't match what you have, check out Hughes Precision. They have every thread adapter imaginable for any barrel to suppressor connection.

Stupid question, would one still need to use a break in addition to the adapter? Or, can you just screw on the adapter then screw on the suppressor?

Ditto. Who makes a good suppressor for a TRG-22?
Suppressors are not matched to any particular gun. The suppressor that is "best" is one made to withstand the pressure & volume of gases produced by the cartridge. There are several "categories" of suppressors that most makers build. They are 22 rimfire, 22 centerfire, up to 30 centerfire, up to 338 Lapua, 50 cal. in most instances. Then there are the pistol round suppressors.

Last edited:
Suppressors are not match to any particular gun. The suppressor that is "best" is one made to withstand the pressure & volume of gases produced by the cartridge. There are several "categories" of suppressors that most makers build. They are 22 rimfire, 22 centerfire, up to 30 centerfire, up to 338 Lapua, 50 cal. in most instances. Then there are the pistol round suppressor.
Suppressors are not match to any particular gun. The suppressor that is "best" is one made to withstand the pressure & volume of gases produced by the cartridge. There are several "categories" of suppressors that most makers build. They are 22 rimfire, 22 centerfire, up to 30 centerfire, up to 338 Lapua, 50 cal. in most instances. Then there are the pistol round suppressor.

Got it. I purchased a Q Thunder Chicken for my Sako TRG 22 in 6.5 Creedmoor. I didn't research the thread sizes for each and now need to either go adaption or rethreading the barrel (which I don't want to do). Have you used adapters? Any issues?

Stupid question, would one still need to use a break in addition to the adapter? Or, can you just screw on the adapter then screw on the suppressor?
Why would one put a suppressor on a muzzle brake? Kind of defeats the purpose of the suppressor. The thread adapter just screws on to your barrel threads to change your end thread to match your suppressor. For those new to suppressors, make sure you use an anti-sieze grease on ALL the threads, both muzzle connection & end caps, or you may find your suppressor is permanently attached to your rifle.

Got it. I purchased a Q Thunder Chicken for my Sako TRG 22 in 6.5 Creedmoor. I didn't research the thread sizes for each and now need to either go adaption or rethreading the barrel (which I don't want to do). Have you used adapters? Any issues?
I don't recall seeing an adapter for M18x1 when looking for the ones I needed, but if Sako is threading barrels that way I'm sure someone does or you can have any machinist make you one. You can also ask Q Thunder Chicken if they have an end cap that will thread directly to your Sako threads. The end caps screw in & out so are easy to change. I converted a 45 cal pistol suppressor that way. I also used adapters to change 5/8x24 to 1/2x28 & a Euro 22 RF thread to 1/2x28. Your other option is to have a machinists drill out your 5/8" end cap & rethread it to 18Mx1. I have 4 suppressors for different applications, both purchased & made by myself & am waiting for my 5th Tax Stamp. It has become my preferred way to plink, target shoot & hunt, but I can't bring myself to thread the barrels on my older Sakos so they see less & less use. If you have a machinists that is not a gunsmith do any thread work, be certain they index off the center of bore or center of hole or bad things can happen. Good Luck!

Back