Short Actions Rarity of L469 (.222 Magnum)

Discussion in 'Sako Short Actions' started by icebear, Oct 5, 2019.

1. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana

I'm sorry, but I have extensive familiarity with lots of rifles and scopes, specifically the Zeiss Diavari 3-9X36. Zeiss built the scope to do what it was designed to do, I had to find rings and bases to accommodate that scope to several rifles. I had to get higher than normal rings for a 36 mm objective because the eyepiece is so large it wouldn't fit in a low ring because of bolt clearance. I also had to get extended rings for a long action application. I have also put electrician's tape on several scope bells to prevent the bolt from scratching the scope when it was being worked when it was still mounted above what it would need to be for the 36mm objective.

Believe me I have tons more of pictures and examples of what people have talked about around the water cooler and most of it is repeated from what they heard someone else claim. You don't want to know what I think of the term "cheek weld"...

DSCN5213.JPG IMG_1320.JPG DSCN5277.JPG

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019

2. desperado

desperado Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Getting this older thread back on topic (ahem) here are some photos of my L469 .222 Remington Magnum varminter. Only the action is Sako. The rest is my work from 30 years ago.
    It shoots sub-half moa groups with my handloads and sub-one with factory Remington ammunition. In light of what we've all learned in the ensuing years, I think providing a little more barrel clearance in the stock just might improve the consistency.

20210516_200936.jpg

20210516_201002.jpg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021