Sako L-61 Mannlicher

Discussion in 'Sako Mannlichers and Carbines' started by 16b410, Aug 20, 2020.

1. 16b410

16b410 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Well, it's great to be back. And better yet to see The Forum as good as it ever was. I recently purchased a rifle I have been wanting since forever. It is in pretty nice condition and is chambered in .300 Mag. I added a Leupold and after a bit of handload development I had 5 inside of 1.5" at 100 yards and stopped there. The serial is 60357 and this beauty was purchased from Roger Bell. Roger was spoken of highly on this site and I would like to say it was great doing business with him. I agreed on the purchase of the rifle without a front sight hood, but when it arrived it had one on. Quite a nice gesture. I did of course thank him.

Sako L-61 Mannlicher.jpg

Rogan Kinnear likes this.

2. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Nice find. Looks like a fire belching dragon. Did you use the fastest burning powder that would work for the 300? That will keep the flame thrower action down a tad.

3. deergoose

deergoose Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    Rare rifle. Most certainly a Finnbear Mannlicher from 1971, with third locking lug. It took me forever to find one in .300WM.

congrats and thanks for the pic!
    DeerGoose

4. 16b410

16b410 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    True there. Let there be light! I will be circling back to this rifle to see what I can get from this baby with the proper diet. I have an early Ruger 77 in .300 Win Mag that just shoots like it has eyes. Hopefully I can eclipse that performance with this machine.

5. Rogan Kinnear

Rogan Kinnear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Beautiful. Love that dark stock! Enjoy