• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

scored another little guy

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hey all,
Just closed the deal on an as NIB, unfired, Pre-72 Forester Carbine/Mannlicher in .243. Rear sling swivel still has the paper stock protector attached! Only paid $1,100! Whoohoo.
Regards, Will

Hey Mike,
I should get this beauty sometime after Turkey-day. When it arrives, I will post photo's of my 1968 Forester .243 with your Sako rings and a 1982 Zeiss Diavari C, 3-9, as well as this new 1971 Forester .243 I am very excited, since I have never held, or even seen an unfired, new pre-72 mannlicher. Also, again, thanks for the extra screws for the rings!
Regards, Will

Will,

Congrats on your new Sako Carbine! Pictures please!!!

That's quite a find even if it's not a .308...;-)

Wes

The .308 Guy

Thanks Wes!
Pictures when I receive it sometime next week. Has to travel from Columbus, OH to here in Vancouver, WA. And by the way, Wes, this was at one point a very arrogant and cocky .308 who eventually had to be cut down to size
face-grin.png

Hope you feel better and have a great Turkey-day!
Regards, Will

Back