The wood got me.

Discussion in 'Sako Medium Actions' started by Bucktote, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Bucktote

Bucktote Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Georgia
    Hi ya'll,
    Yes I did it, I knew if i fooled around on this site long enough I would lust after another Sako!
    I found a L579 Forester in .243 with a beautuful blond stock & 2 line skip French Fox track checkering. I love my Interarms .243 Right hand action, left hand shooter stock, but when I saw the Forester I had to have it. I swore I would not buy another rifle unless it was a left hand action & stock, as I am left eyed but I was smitten !!! My neighbor said I got it because I needed it, I said I'm at the time of life that if I want it I get.
    ( always better to ask forgivness than permission) Referance Pronghorn in Montana on a bird hunt. It's all your faults !!! I'll send pics. when I get it. IMG_5586_Momentfinished .jpg feather crotch (2).jpg IMG_5586_Momentfinished .jpg feather crotch (2).jpg IMG_5586_Momentfinished .jpg feather crotch (2).jpg IMG_5586_Momentfinished .jpg feather crotch (2).jpg IMG_5586_Momentfinished .jpg feather crotch (2).jpg IMG_5586_Momentfinished .jpg feather crotch (2).jpg

ricksengines likes this.

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    I don't get it. All I see is pictures of custom gunstock butts. Where's the Sako???

3. Bucktote

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Georgia
    I guess I am challanged as to posting Pics. The pics. in my last post are before & after shots of my Sako A V 30/06 restocking before action setting.

4. Bucktote

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Georgia
    Hi Paulson, Guess I didn't get the 2nd message thru the system. The Sako A V 30/06 is being mounted in the new stock as my hands have locked up, Carpral tunnel & Duprens Contracture. Checkering done them in. Also the stock from Richards was not configured correctly & I lack both the tools and skill, to set it right.
    I will send Pics. when I get the Forester and the A V is complete. Sorry for the confusion. Also since you are well known for your knowledge of Sako Rifles is there a particular loading the .243 favors ??

5. Bucktote

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Georgia
    Hi fellow Sako fans,
    I met Grayfox yesterday, he lives closeby. What a refreshingly nice young man.
    He met me at the farm and chronoed some loads for me. I also discovered that the scope vendor, while well meaning, was certianly not quailfied to mount a scope correctly.
    Grayfox saw it was askew & fixed it in short order. Thanks to this site I have found another friend that shares in the love of shooting & hunting. As a word of caution, several years I purchased a laser bore sighting device that chambers in .243 , (S.S.I. brand). It worked well in my other .243 but the tolerances in the Sako would not allow us to use it . I suffer from brain flatulance occasionally & thought I could resize it ??? Destroyed it!!! If I need another, it will be one that fits in the barrel.
    I guess that's why they put those bumper stickers on cars & trucks.