• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Short Actions Twist rate of barrel of 222rem Sako

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Delko

Good day Guys

Please assist with the twist rate of the following 222rem sako.

I believe its a "Classic" with the piece in front of the stock?

Please assist serial 58800-ish

Any general comments?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG-20210129-WA0061.jpg
    IMG-20210129-WA0061.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 53
You have a Standard Grade early 1960's L461 Vixen (the "Classic" was a much later version beginning in the late 1970's or early 1980's). The stock has been nicely customized with a contrasting fore end tip, a custom grip cap, and added recoil pad.

These typically had the fairly standard twist of 1-14" or the near metric equivalent of that.

Thank you for all the info so the added fore end of the grip is not a standard issue item but was added later?

Thank you for all the info so the added fore end of the grip is not a standard issue item but was added later?
Yes, the forearm tip as well as the grip cap & recoil pad were added after it left the factory. Your serial number is within the range the club has factory records for, so if you click on Factory Records Service you can request the info & find out it's production date & when & in what configuration it left the factory. Pictures of early L461's are here on the forum if you would like to see it in it's original factory condition.

Paul
Can you direct me to a thread about the factory look.

I'm rather disgusted about the fore arm tip.
Why do people add this?

Can this be returned to the original look?

Paul
Can you direct me to a thread about the factory look.

I'm rather disgusted about the fore arm tip.
Why do people add this?

Can this be returned to the original look?
Don’t be too disgusted, use it as a live and learn moment. In the 60’s and even into the 70’s the angled fore tip was fashionable. Weatherby imitations were seen on all sorts of makes. You’d have to locate an original stock to pull it back to its factory look, but it’s probably not worth the added expense, and leg work to locate a proper replacement. It looks like a shooter grade rifle with a nice 4x and original mounts. I’d clean it up and enjoy it. Hope this helps.

Back