• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Value of a Riihimaki Deluxe 222 rem Magazine?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

hemi

Hello fellow Riihimaki lovers,
i recently acquired a Sako Riihimaki in 222 rem, SN 39xxx in fairly good condition with the standard barrel and rather than the standard 222 cal mag it was replaced with an engraved (oak leaf and acorns) deluxe mag. The deluxe mag is in like new condition with little if any wear at all.
I would like to sell the deluxe mag and acquire a standard style mag.
My question is, what would the deluxe mag potentially be worth in comparison?
Hemi

Hello fellow Riihimaki lovers,
i recently acquired a Sako Riihimaki in 222 rem, SN 39xxx in fairly good condition with the standard barrel and rather than the standard 222 cal mag it was replaced with an engraved (oak leaf and acorns) deluxe mag. The deluxe mag is in like new condition with little if any wear at all.
I would like to sell the deluxe mag and acquire a standard style mag.
My question is, what would the deluxe mag potentially be worth in comparison?
Hemi
Hemi- There was a deluxe that sold, recently on an internet site that had the standard mag in the bottom metal. The engraved on would be more valuable to someone that has a distinct need, of course. Hopefully they see this post and get in touch. I can't begin to know what one would cost since I don't have a need. Thanks for posting and welcome to the SCC.-Misako

I don't have a Deluxe .222 L46, but if I did and it had only a standard, unengraved factory magazine, I would offer to trade magazines with you and give you a hundred dollar bill. Don't know if you would consider that sufficient, but I would think I was being gouged if you wanted more. I'm sure there are other opinions, both higher and lower.

Hemi- There was a deluxe that sold, recently on an internet site that had the standard mag in the bottom metal. The engraved on would be more valuable to someone that has a distinct need, of course. Hopefully they see this post and get in touch. I can't begin to know what one would cost since I don't have a need. Thanks for posting and welcome to the SCC.-Misako

Misako, this would be a perfect person to track down and propose a trade.....skewed a little in my favor, of course. No gouging but if that Deluxe was in beautiful condition my Deluxe Mag would be just the ticket and increase the value of the Deluxe as it should be. If you happen across any potential leads to this recently sold Deluxe i would be most grateful if you could pass it along.
Hemi

Not having the correct mag in a L46 Deluxe....curious as to what the members here would want discounted off the selling price? Would that be what the mag's value would be? If I'm looking at a mint rifle that's missing the mag...frankly I'm looking for more than 100.00 off. In fact I probably wouldn't buy it for that reason alone. I can't remember ever seeing someone selling a Deluxe magazine.

Misako, this would be a perfect person to track down and propose a trade.....skewed a little in my favor, of course. No gouging but if that Deluxe was in beautiful condition my Deluxe Mag would be just the ticket and increase the value of the Deluxe as it should be. If you happen across any potential leads to this recently sold Deluxe i would be most grateful if you could pass it along.
Hemi
Hemi- I hear you but I can't find anything on it right at this time. I will keep searching and hope I can locate some information on it.-Misako

This is the Deluxe mag that i have and would like to trade (plus cash) for a standard 222 rem magazine. Misako, the buyer of the Deluxe Riihimaki that you described did private message me and has proposed a trade plus $100.00 and i am considering his offer. It would seem Stonecreek established a $100.00 value for it over a standard mag and that is where it stands with the gentleman who has made the offer. These Deluxe Mags are certainly quite rare and i would tend to agree being paired with a Deluxe Riihimak would restore the value of the rifle to its full potential.
Hemi mag photo 2.jpeg mag photo1.jpeg

Hemi- I sent you a private message. Look to notifications on the top left of your page. Another thing I noticed on that clip is that there is no chambering stamp such as 222 Rem or 222 Mag or 218Bee, Is there a stamp on it-Misako

Last edited:
Misako, you are correct, there is no identification on the mag at all. No calibration or even anything that would identify it as Sako manufactured. Seems a little odd to me as well, but i can see that any kind of stamp identifying the caliber etc. would interfere with the engraving.
It does fit the rifle, but i have not even loaded it to see that 222 rem rounds fit and feed properly as they should. I'm headed to the store now to buy some 222 rem.
Hemi

Hemi- They may not have a stamp. I can't put my hands on anything to compare. Maybe someone that has the engraved mag from a deluxe will chime in.-Misako

I have a 222 Deluxe L46 that has the 'same' clip also with no caliber stamping. (Stamping it would have detracted from the pretty engraving.)

Yes. some of the clips had the caliber stamping, some didn't. The acorn engraving is standard for the L46 deluxe. But like the other deluxes, they did make them with different patterns, but I don't know if there was a set rule on which patterns got the caliber stamping and which ones did not.

Deergoose

222 delux

I have the L46 with the same engraving. I would pay $165 for the clip
Or trade a Burris signature series
1.5x6x32 mm scope straight up
Scope is as new just not being used.
Let me know what you think

You will have to be extremely careful about shipping international. Without the proper paperwork, you can get yourself into some serious trouble.

No, US laws and regulations of gun parts. You must file certain paperwork. I believe there are a few Canadians on this site that know the details.

Emmerth
you are correct just checked with my local gun shop.Thanks for the heads up .
I do have a very good friend in sunny California who would gladly accept in for me though......

Back