1. Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim
    Dismiss Notice

What can you tell me about this bore Sako AV?

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by odesit86, Sep 24, 2022.

1. odesit86

odesit86 Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New York
    Hi there.
    I bought cheap bore scope ..so I apologize for bad quality.. but maybe you still can see it..
    Somebody know what does yellow color means in the bore and also it looks like pitted a little ..
    Most of the bore looks good and clean..
    But all this stuff coming as you getting closer to the muzzle.. maybe like 10 inches from the muzzle..
    And pitted like .. only has fewer spots.. but one is like almost an inch long...
    What can you suggest me ? How to clean it ?.. I never have expirience with firearms before ..
    And how bore looks ? Is it still has some life left ???
    Btw it's a Sako AV 30-06 caliber..

Attached Files:

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I'm not a very big believer in borescopes. A barrel shoots the way it shoots, often much better or much worse than it looks. However, the photos appear to show removable fouling, not pitting. Use a good copper solvent, scrub vigorously according to directions, then see what your bore looks like. I like foaming bore cleaner, but there are more aggressive solutions if the foamy stuff doesn't do it for you.

odesit86 and paulsonconstruction like this.
  3. odesit86

odesit86 Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New York
    Thank you...
    Will try to clean this out..
    And do you guys cleaning after every shooting ?

4. icebear

icebear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Generally speaking, yes. The exception would be if I've fired a couple of rounds to zero the scope at 25 yards, I'll let the cleaning go until I've finished sighting it in at 100, which might be a week or two later due to the way the county range is set up.

A lot of guys will only clean a .22 every couple of hundred rounds.

5. CerebralDistortion

CerebralDistortion Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Smaaland
    Clean? You are moving into high grass now...

I run a couple of patches of Ed's Red after every use to remove most of the carbon and to ad a thin film of oil to protect from corrosion.

Clean, as with copper solvent, I do once every 1000 rounds or so... Or if I buy a used gun to check status.