• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Optilock Mounting help

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Rifle: Sako 85/S Finnlight 7mm-08
Bases: Sako SS short

I received the bases in the mail yesterday right from Beretta and proceeded to install onto rifle. The rings went on fine and the rear base fit perfectly but I'm having a lot of issues fitting the front base to the tapered dovetail. It won't even go on a quarter of the way, the piece that secures the base to the dovetail is nowhere close to being on the rail. I attached a picture of the base and how far it goes on, I've tried two different front bases. Any input would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Could be the bases were packaged incorrectly, having two rear bases. I've heard of that happening before. Compare the two you have. The front & rear dovetail slots are very different, so it will be obvious. Just a guess!!

Could be the bases were packaged incorrectly, having two rear bases. I've heard of that happening before. Compare the two you have. The front & rear dovetail slots are very different, so it will be obvious. Just a guess!!
The rear base has a recoil stop pin which the front does not have, also the rear base and dovetail are much smaller.

What you have there is an optilock base for Tikka 17mm straight dovetail instead of Sako tapered dovetail. Not the first time there are wrong parts in the optilock sets. Just ask Beretta for a correct one.

What you have there is an optilock base for Tikka 17mm straight dovetail instead of Sako tapered dovetail. Not the first time there are wrong parts in the optilock sets. Just ask Beretta for a correct one.
Are you positive? I've already bought 2 sets of the short bases, each from different places so I didn't think it was very likely that both were the wrong front base.

Yes I'm positive. In your picture you can see the one side of the dovetail is milled square instead of the dovetail you see on the opposite side. This is done only on the Tikka base. On Sako base you would see both sides identical. Also looking from the bottom you would see definitive taper on the dovetail to match the top of the receiver.

Attachments

• Tikka base.jpg
    Tikka base.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 17
Yes I'm positive. In your picture you can see the one side of the dovetail is milled square instead of the dovetail you see on the opposite side. This is done only on the Tikka base. On Sako base you would see both sides identical. Also looking from the bottom you would see definitive taper on the dovetail to match the top of the receiver.
Lol I must be one unlucky person. Thank you, this has been driving me crazy for a week and a half!!

Of course Beretta is out of stock on the short bases. Guess I'll send one set back to them for a refund. Idk what I'm going to do with the other set that's nonrefundable.

Finally!!!! Beretta so far hasn't been any help with the bases I'm unable to return. The person I spoke with on the phone from Beretta couldn't help and gave me the correct parties email to send a message to explaining the situation so I'm just waiting for a reply. I was about to send it in thinking the front dovetail was screwed up, Thank you P04R!!!!!

Back