• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L46 222 rem mag

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I ran the records service on this one back in 2015......

" 5) L469 Mannlicher in .222RemMag #45410: Inspected on 5/20/60, but no shipping records were found. "

YES ! It is a full length rifle barrel, NOT a carbine......I snagged this little gem at a Richmond, VA gunshow within the seconds of laying my eyes on it. I've never seen another one. I think I gave $600 for it. I wish those days were still here !! :)

DeerGoose

222 rem mag
222 rem mag

Just a question to the brains trust, are the L469 actions the same length as the L461 or are they slightly longer? I would like to know if you can swap a stock between an L469 and a L461?

Just a question to the brains trust, are the L469 actions the same length as the L461 or are they slightly longer? I would like to know if you can swap a stock between an L469 and a L461?
No, because the bottom metal and magazine cuts are entirely different between the L469 (detachable single-stack magazine) and L461 (internal double stack magazine).

However, although I've not done it, I think that the stocks for the L469 (.222 Magnum) and L46 (.222 Rem) would be the same.

No, because the bottom metal and magazine cuts are entirely different between the L469 (detachable single-stack magazine) and L461 (internal double stack magazine).

However, although I've not done it, I think that the stocks for the L469 (.222 Magnum) and L46 (.222 Rem) would be the same.
I'm not sure of that. The basic inletting should be the same, but the slot for the magazine could be a bit longer on the L469. Even if that is the case, it wouldn't be a lot of work to hog it out, but I wouldn't bet on a drop-in.

The L46s and L469s will swap in most cases, you got to watch the bolt release recesses. They should be measured first.
Good point. The bolt stop is one of the parts that was altered to get the longer bolt travel for the magnum cartridge. There is also a slight difference in the bolts; they will not interchange.

Thanks everyone,
I was thinking of putting a 6x47 barrel on a really rough 469, but getting a reasonable stock to replace the existing one will be difficult. So I will re-think the plan...

There seems to be some confusion here. Smokey asked if the L469 and L461 (not L46) stocks were interchangeable. They are not. The L469 and L46's can most likely be interchanged with minor modification.

Thanks everyone,
I was thinking of putting a 6x47 barrel on a really rough 469, but getting a reasonable stock to replace the existing one will be difficult. So I will re-think the plan...
If you know of anyone with a duplicating machine, I have a pattern stock for the L469 that I would lend.
Edit: Just noticed you are in OZ, so shipping would probably be an issue, not to mention import regs. But if you know a Sako Club member who would loan you a stock it could be duplicated.

Last edited:
Hey, Smokey55, if you are after a new stock, contact Hatchers,
hatchersriflestocks.com.au , he may have a stock on hand or he may have one to copy from. There is a post here on the site from Branxhunter, with pics when he visited, in outer Melbourne.
Jay

Looks just like mine, right down to similar color and grain patterns in the wood.
Icebear's Mannlicher is a little later than Spaher's as evidenced by the lack of a plastic grip cap. But either could eat crackers in my bed. I'll bet they both shoot "lights out".

Back