• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako A1 Sako in 17 Remington

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

beaver

What would fair market value be for one of these rifles, mid 80s production, less than 100 rounds fired, and in NRA ‘excellent’ condition?
Thanks!

We get this question constantly & the truth is, without knowing any details, without any pictures, & without a hands on inspection, NO ONE can appraise your rifle sight unseen over the internet. Even with the details it's value with vary depending on location, appearance of the wood, who the seller is, who the buyer is, the phase of the moon, & a host of other factors. If you peruse the forum & learn about Sakos the easier it will be for you to understand their value.

I see you are in British Columbia. That makes it especially difficult to say what it might be worth, at least for most of us in the U.S. For one thing, the CAN$ and the USD$ are so different in value. But more importantly, the market for various types and calibers of rifles varies a great deal regionally. I might guess that, BC being big game country, the little .17 is not in high demand. But I could be wrong. As paulsonconstruction says, NO ONE can appraise your rifle sight unseen over the internet. Particularly across international lines.

Gentlemen:
Thank you for your comments and advice. Will see what I can learn about this little rifle.

Attachments

• IMG_8051.jpeg
    IMG_8051.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8049.jpeg
    IMG_8049.jpeg
    301.5 KB · Views: 13
Back