• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Another Mannlicher

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Beautiful. I have been wondering for a while tho, wat defines these as a mannlicher? i have seen and handled the repetier gewehr m95 and they seem to be closer to any other military rifle of the day exept they had a straight pull bolt. Am i thinking of the wrong mannlicher?

I have been wondering for a while tho, wat defines these as a mannlicher?
The Austrian manufacturer Steyr popularized the full stock rifle (wood extending all the way to the muzzle) in its Mannlicher model, so the term "Mannlicher" eventually became generic for any full stock rifle. Sako actually marked their full stock rifles as "Mannlicher" in their records and on box labels.

The Austrian Steyr popularized the full stock rifle (wood extending all the way to the muzzle) in its Mannlicher model, so the term "Mannlicher" eventually became generic for any full stock rifle. Sako actually marked their full stock rifles as "Mannlicher" in their records and on box labels.
Ah ok i was thinking of the infantry rifle designed by ferdinant von mannlicher, thats why it always confused me

The m 1903 commercial Mannlicher was a big hit in the carbine with the full-length stock and I guess the name stuck. It was Ernest Hemmingway's favorite gun, too, so I guess that gave it even more popular notoriety. Ferdinand Ritter Von Mannlicher is one of my favorite designers. but I think it was Otto Schoenauer that came up with the spool magazine.

The m 1903 commercial Mannlicher was a big hit in the carbine with the full-length stock and I guess the name stuck. It was Ernest Hemmingway's favorite gun, too, so I guess that gave it even more popular notoriety. Ferdinand Ritter Von Mannlicher is one of my favorite designers. but I think it was Otto Schoenauer that came up with the spool magazine.
Ah the austrian hunting rifle popular in england based on the partly italian made infantry rifle for the greek army, wich was also based on the m95 and g98. this kind history needs its own non sako forum so i can go nuts 😂. seen quite few of the steyr ones here, unfortunately in the original 6.5 chambering wich is useless to us due to legislation. Too light for deer, too big for hare, not flat enough for birds.But il stop bogarting this thread for the history lessons. Back to the beautiful rifle on display

I have a few Mannlicher Schoenauers. a commercial 1903 barreled action, a military 1903-14, both in 6.5x54. I also have a model 1925-Takedown and a model 1952 with full-length Mannlicher stock-Both in .30-06. all I ever wanted was a 1903 with double-set triggers and a full-length Mannlicher stock. I have 2 barreled actions and the wood for stock blanks, I just have to get around to-it.I have 3 laid-out on the board. One is for my Kurz Mauser, the other 2 are for MS. I really do need a band saw!

Latest posts

Back