• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Short Actions First Sako - 6mm PPC - Model?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

EPeet

Greetings, first time poster, first time Sako owner. Today I just bought a Sako in 6mm PPC, the benchrest model (single shot), serial number A 95X. I'm curious which exact model I have because the serial number charts seem to indicate I should have quite a few more serial number digits, but its just "A" followed by three numbers. A big time Sako collector here in Alaska just sold a bunch of his rifles off to the Anchorage Cabelas store, so it may be worth watching their online posts, because they had everything - .222, .22 Hornet, .243, and all the larger stuff.

It seems that is the way at least some of the single-shot PPC guns were numbered. By coincidence, I noticed the same thing on a 6 PPC that recently closed on Gunbroker. I used to have one myself, but I sold it 20 years ago and have no record of the S/N or markings.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/960479433

A late response, unfortunately . . . You have a Sako Benchrest model, it is a solid bottom receiver, single shot rifle. These rifles came with an adjustable trigger. These rifles were offered in only two chamber options, 6 mm PPC and 22 PPC. These rifles were marked with unique serial numbers. the 6mm PPC rifles had A, B and C prefixes only as there were only 2180 built in total. The 22 PPC rifles had the A prefix only as just 553 rifles were built. These rifles are extremely accurate and precise, so much so that these models were later prohibited from factory class in benchrest competitions, being placed in the custom class instead.

Latest posts

Back