• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

L46 Mannlicher full stock

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

bigcountry4me

Sako-addicted
Simply would like to set the record straight for the sake of accuracy. I saw this add and there were some obvious errors. So I emailed the gentleman to simply help him with the model number (L46) and to state it is not a Deluxe. I also indicated there MAY be a specimen or two he could use for potential comparison. I also suggested he join the club to look for rifle length comparisons and to possibly ask the experts who are well versed in everything L46. He used my first name (wish he hadn’t) but believe he has good intentions. Unfortunately he missed a few of the possibilities I had included, i.e. the two piece stock reference is not correct.

Below is the comparison I was speaking of.

Last edited:
I saw a standard Sako sporter advertised on Gunbroker as a "Deluxe". I wrote the seller to advise the he might do better if he revised his post to more accurately reflect the actual model. He responded to me that it was indeed a "Deluxe", just not a "Super Deluxe". I then invited him to post photos here on the forum to receive the advice of a number of well-versed Sako enthusiasts instead of just taking my word for it. Seems he has thus far declined the opportunity. I haven't looked back at his post since I tend to ignore offers from sellers who insist on a Sako being one thing when it is actually another.

Yeah, that one looks just like the Deluxe in the Gunbroker ad I saw!

I guess I can't be too hard on the uniformed seller. I got my L61R .300 H&H for a relative song because the seller insisted it was a .300 Win Mag and didn't bother to clean the dirt off of it before photographing it. It's the most accurate magnum rifle I've ever owned and the one that the undertaker will "have to pry from my cold, dead hands".

Back