• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako M995 STW experiences

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

sakojim

Hello all.
I have been following the discussions for some time but unable to participate due to a sick computer. After several tries, I have now had it rebuilt, updated and running. I just need to learn how to get the best from the new tech issues.
In the process of changes, I have lost all communication information. Sorry Wayne, but I could not return your phone call last week because the only number I had written down was an old number that had been disconnected. Please call back.
I chose this discussion of the Sako M995 rifles because I have always felt that this is one of the best hunting models ever produced by Sako. My favorite has always been the 7mm STW for durability, economy and accuracy. I was lucky to have developed loads for the M995 338 Lapua and the M995 7mm STW with 200gr and 150gr Accubonds respectively that have identical trajectories. This gives these two rifles the capability of taking nearly any of the larger game animals with extreme accuracy up to long distances. I enjoy many memories of successful hunts with these two rifles, especially the 7mm STW.
I hope that those hunters that have these rifles will share a discussion of their experiences, whether good or bad.
Wishing all a very good hunting season, Sakojim.

IMG_7642.jpg tempImagencmIL8.png Hi Sakojim,
I have a Sako M995 30-06 and 375 H+H Mag. Both are great guns but I favour the 375. I have modified mine a bit. Just changed the stock on the 30-06 to a KRG folding stock (I travel a fair bit) and have ordered another for the 375.
I had thread cut to take a moderator for both, as a lot of paid stalking in the UK will not accept a rifle without one. The 30-06 tends not to jump up as much with the moderator on. Noise reduction in both is about 31db.
Had a picatinny rails fitted so I can change from my main scopes to an aim point for driven game.
When a purchased the rifles (> 25yrs ago) it took some time to find the right ammunition for conistency (the barrel will chose). Currently, I use Sako power head rounds with 180gr and 270gr projectiles (BarnesTSX).
Gavin.

Latest posts

Back