• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako 7MM STW Finnbear Deluxe

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi, I am new to the forum a beginner when it comes to Sako Finnbears, so please forgive me if this is a dumb question. I am starting to put together a collection of Finnbear deluxe rifles with the goal of owning one of each caliber that was produced. Can anyone provide such a list? I have a local gun dealer who has told me about a Finnbear deluxe in the 7MM STW caliber that he has seen but I have not been able to find one. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Howdy,

Sako hasn’t offered this caliber in a factory offering, definitely not in the L61R/ A series rifles. I’ll show my age and tunnel vision by stating that I’m not aware of it ever having been by any manufacturer. Edit- just looked and REM did for a short time before releasing th 7 RUM. That or a 28 nosler might be a better option. You’ll need to enlist a gunsmith, and will want a 26-28” bbl to eke out the velocity.

Last edited:
Howdy,

Sako hasn’t offered this caliber in a factory offering, definitely not in the L61R/ A series rifles. I’ll show my age and tunnel vision by stating that I’m not aware of it ever having been by any manufacturer. Edit- just looked and REM did for a short time before releasing th 7 RUM. That or a 28 nosler might be a better option. You’ll need to enlist a gunsmith, and will want a 26-28” bbl to eke out the velocity.
Gowyo,
Thanks for your reply. I do own a Sako V that is a 7mm STW so I am not sure how to interpret what you posted. If you are saying that it is not available in the Finnbear deluxe then thank you as that is what I am trying to find out.

Gowyo,
Thanks for your reply. I do own a Sako V that is a 7mm STW so I am not sure how to interpret what you posted. If you are saying that it is not available in the Finnbear deluxe then thank you as that is what I am trying to find out.
Was that a factory offering in the model 75?! Just answered my question. It was! Cool, learned something new.

Last edited:
I do not know of a list of finnbear deluxe rifles. It would be fun to create one, starting with collecting sako catalogs as far back as you can get them to see what was offered. Also, get copies of box labels and add the calibers listed therein. Talk to other collectors who have decades of experience. There are some calibers that never made it to this country. Fun is in the chase. And you will not get them all.

I may not get them all but I am going to try.

I guess the best way to start a list is just list the ones I know of and encourage others to list any they know of which are not on the list. Please add any calibers of the Finnbear deluxe that you know exist but are not listed.

These are the calibers that I know of to date:

30-06
7 mm Rem Mag
.264 Win Mag
300 H&H
375 H&H
300 WBY Mag
25-06
.338 Win Mag
.300 Win Mag

Here are a few more calibers from this catalog, incl .17 Rem, 7x64, 6.5x55, 9.3x62, etc.
You can add 7x57 to your list as well.

Attachments

• D613BA6E-268F-4A27-B6C9-7F823200D535.jpeg
    D613BA6E-268F-4A27-B6C9-7F823200D535.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 15
Here are a few more calibers from this catalog, incl .17 Rem, 7x64, 6.5x55, 9.3x62, etc.
You can add 7x57 to your list as well.

Spaher,

Thanks, but are you sure those are all calibers of the Finnbear deluxe or does it include perhaps the Forester, Vixen or the Riihimaki deluxe?

For instance I know there is a 222 Riihmaki deluxe and I know the Forester deluxe was produced in a 22-250 and 243 as I have seen those in my quest but never in a Finnbear deluxe.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back