• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako AV 300 win mag

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

gpautz

I just picked up a Sako rifle from a friend. It was his dad's. I am trying to find out more history on it.
Could anybody tell me the year? The value of the gun? Everything I have read states Sako is not dated by the s/n
How does one start to find out anything about this rifle?
S/N 643705 made in Finland, Sako AV Cal 300 win mag

Most AV's were manufactured in the 1980's. That's a close enough date for any practical purpose.

Use the search feature on this forum and you'll find plenty of information on the AV, and its virtually identical predecessors, the L61R and AIII. It was the long action Sako made for "full length" cartridges like the .25-06 on the smaller end and .416 Rem Magnum on the upper end. Is there anything specific you need to know?

I like to know the history and dates for my own knowledge. Is there any good places to get Sako parts (spring clip.....)

Is there any good places to get Sako parts
Some Sako parts can be difficult to source, while others still are pretty available. Midwest gun works has Sako parts, sometimes it’s hit or miss depending on the action size or vintage. eBay sometimes can be a source. Custom shop (dare I say it) in Montana also has various parts and pieces. I’ve bought stuff all over the place. “Some days chicken, some days feathers “. Best of luck.

Sorry Guys this all the pictures I have for now.

Attachments

• 20231023_125637.jpg
    20231023_125637.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20231023_125641.jpg
    20231023_125641.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20231023_125652.jpg
    20231023_125652.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Back