• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako L579 No. 146XX w/ Leupold

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

drew

Hello Guys,

I was lucky enough to have this Sako Forester passed down to me and I wanted to share it with you guys to hopefully learn something new. It's in great shape and shoots amazing. I sighted it in after 3 rounds and was hitting clays scattered on the hill 200 yards away like it was nothing.

Any information would be appreciated! It's the .243 cartage and has a fixed Leupold 12x scope(70's style) . This rifle will definitely get passed down to my future kid or grand kids.

Thanks,

Drew

Attachments

• 20141127_213551.jpg
    20141127_213551.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 20141127_221957.jpg
    20141127_221957.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 20141127_222029.jpg
    20141127_222029.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 41
Very nice early standard grade L579 that appears to be in very nice shape. As L579's started with serial #10091 in 1960, your serial # places in it the 1960-61 time frame. Ringmounts are vintage Sako. The 243 Win is the most common chambering & is still a very popular round. Wood is a light or "blonde" European walnut with some great looking "tiger stripes". Whoever you pass it to will be a fortunate one.

Very nice rifle and the Leupold fixed 12 A/O is icing on the cake. The accuracy is something you enjoy right up front. The quality, balance, and feel are something you gain appreciation for the longer you own it. I think it is great you are going to keep that fine rifle and thanks for sharing the pictures.

Congrats on a beautiful rifle - they are well built and will last generations if properly cared for. It is nice that you intend to pass it on - I am sure when the time arrives the person receiving it will be proud to own it.

Latest posts

Back