• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Peep with adapter plate

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

ERP

Which Sako would have to use this adapter plate to install?
Maybe not for Sako? Notice how the front base is not rounded so it goes with the plate.
Anyone knowledgeable on this part?
See pics...
Thanks

Attachments

• PeepAdapter4.jpg
    PeepAdapter4.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 44
  • PeepAdapter3.jpg
    PeepAdapter3.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 44
  • PeepAdapter2.jpg
    PeepAdapter2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Sako made adapter bases for their Sako-Mausers to use regular Sako Tapered Dovetail rings. Those adapters would have accommodated the peep site as well. However, this adapter looks more like a purpose-built one by a gunsmith to use the Sako peep sight on some unknown action.

Sako did rework several rifles from other manufacturers. Among them were the Russian Winchester Model 95, the Japanese Arisaka, a Savage small action (I think one of the Model 23 series), and of course many Mosins. It is possible that the adapter fits one of these.

Maybe for a Tikka M55/M65? The Tikkas had flat-top receivers that were factory drilled and tapped for add-on scope mounts, in addition to the factory dovetails. As far as I know there was never a peep sight for the Tikkas, so maybe some enterprising smith made a Sako adapter. You could check the hole spacing. If I remember correctly the Weaver mount for a Tikka is #66; Weaver's website might have the spacing.

Reactions: ERP
Maybe for a Tikka M55/M65? The Tikkas had flat-top receivers that were factory drilled and tapped for add-on scope mounts, in addition to the factory dovetails. As far as I know there was never a peep sight for the Tikkas, so maybe some enterprising smith made a Sako adapter. You could check the hole spacing. If I remember correctly the Weaver mount for a Tikka is #66; Weaver's website might have the spacing.
Thanks I will...

Hello ERP, The Sako Peep - Sight looks to be a Mk. 1. These would of been supplied for early Sako rifles. My 1949 L46 .25 - 20 WCF wears a Mk. 1. Peep - Sight, but not with the extention like yours. Hope this helps.
Blackjack AKA Mike The Limey.

Reactions: ERP
Thanks...
I guess that explains it is a older peep sight as it is with my L46 222 from 1959.

Latest posts

Back