• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Riihimaki

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

So I have a Sako Riihimaki pictured the barrel says it chambered in 223 but the mag says 222, would it be safe to say that the barrel had been changed out? I am having a hard time finding any info for this. I am guessing the serial number is 41227 but not sure what the N:eek: stands for.

Thank You Paul IMG_2986.jpg

You are correct with the serial number, the stamped N colon o IMO means “number”, like No. 412xx
Could you supply a photo of the barrel caliber stamping, it will help us a bit more to determine if it’s original

The Model L46, which is what is pictured, was never chambered in 223 Rem, so the rifle has either been re-barreled or re-chambered. To handle the length of the 223, it most likely started life as a 222 Rem Magnum. Are you sure the magazine isn't stamped 222 Rem Mag? A 223, @ SAAMI spec for OAL, will not fit in a 222 Rem magazine, nor will it cycle through a 222 Rem Sako L46 action. BTW, Riihimaki is the town where the Sako plant is located, not a rifle Model.

I did pull the scope off and I can see where a 3 was stamped over the 2, the magizine is stamped 222 now to figure the correct data to set everything back and put it back where is was.

Thank you all very much for the feed back

Paul

Latest posts

Back