• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Wives or significant others tribute

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

bigcountry4me

Sako-addicted
As a polite qualifier, this thread isn’t political or divisive, it is intended to give grace where most deserved.

So I felt like we could pay tribute to our wives or significant others relating to Sakos - maybe by putting up with our BS and our potential addictive behavior regarding these fine rifles. I’m quite sure there are many in the crowd who are blessed with a supportive partner.

So as brief as possible, Mrs. bigcountry is a former collegiate athlete ( basketball) She’s as competitive as they come. We met by chance 15 years ago. (second marriage for both of us). Married now for three years. I definitely married above my pay grade.

When I met her she owned three firearms (Rem 700 .270, a 12 ga. 870 WM and a Kahr POS 9mm).

I was already pretty well set (20+Sakos etc,) but she fell for an L579 I owned, and the Rem. was given to her oldest son. The rest is history regarding her being a Sako believer and supportive co-collector.

Mrs. bigcountry came from a hunting family. She is excellent and safe with a rifle (or shotgun) on the trail. She has made several l(ethical) clean kills on big game animals all over the west.

Her knife skills are the best I’ve ever seen. She makes purposeful clean cuts on any game animal we’ve taken together. Her understanding of game anatomy is impressive. She is able to completely break down a mule deer in about 30 minutes, neatly. My job is to hand her a clean touched up blade. Her experience is unique. She cuts and wraps everything we harvest, except burger meat. We use Bob Dozier knives (Yeti coolers and 3’x3’ glad bags) almost exclusively.

Just a tidbit into our world.

Currently she is recovering from a pretty painful and invasive (non dominant) shoulder surgery. We are hopeful she recovers in time for the upcoming hunts planned on this season’s horizon. If not, she will monitor base camp. I know I can expect hot food and a blazing camp fire to come back to if she isn’t ready.

I’m pretty sure some of you have a similar someone or better half, who supports the collector or hunter in you, or at least puts up with your BS….

Green grass and high tides….

Congrats.Big Country,
You are correct in recognizing our life partners. My wife has been patient & understanding with me for going on 64 years. Never said a word about my lust for bird dogs, deer hunting, Sako rifles, Model 12 & Auto -5 shotguns, time at our small farm,planting food plots,tractors & tools,hunting trips in other states & countries I am truly blessed as many told us our marrige couldn't last, I guess it's a work in progress. I thank God every day for her,our family,home & farm.
We should all be so blessed & remember those that made it possible. B/T

Attachments

• 2017 -3-17 Azaleas.JPG
    2017 -3-17 Azaleas.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 27
I have a great wife, married 36 yrs, makes a ton of money. She indulges my hunting and gun buying. She only requires I take her dancing most Saturday nights.

Latest posts

Back