• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL MEMBERS OF SCC!!!

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

L61R

SCC President
SCC Board Member
Hi!

Important message to all members of Sako Collectors Club!

Due to bugs and issues with the current SCC forum software we have to make a move to a new software. However, this should work out fine since we have already made a few test moves or migrations as they are called, without any real glitches.

All info on the forum will be moved, including PM´s , passwords, pictures, usernames and the lot. However, when dealing with computers and code, errors might occur. So please backup your PM´s.

The forum will get a new look but will work almost the same as the current forum. The biggest change will be the PM system which instead is called Conversations and posts as we know them are called Messages.

You will find the forum on the same URL as always: www.sakocollectors.com/forum

I will also take this opportunity to let you all know that I am launching a new site where the forum will be incorporated. It will be the start of a database of Sako information which has been a dream of mine for a long time. This new site can be found here: www.sakocollectors.com and it will be a site which I will update every now and then.

Currently it holds a few links and some useful information which has been hidden inside the forum and I hope you will find this new site helpful when searching for Sako info.

I hope you all will enjoy this new site and I hope you all will help me fill it with more info.

I will also need help from you members with a few other projects I have in mind but I´ll get back to you about that later on when we´ve settled in on the new site.

We will migrate on May 11 (Sunday night) CET so the forum will be closed for a little while during the migration. When we open up again you can log in as usual and enjoy the new site and forum.

And you can use your old passwords and usernames when logging in on the new forum! No passwords are needed for the other parts of the site.

Please let me know if you have any problems with logging in on the new site. But please, do me a favour, take some time to get to know the new site before starting to ask questions!

The new forum is fairly similar to the old one so it should´t cause to much of a problem for you.
I will start a thread in the General section where you all can ask questions should you encounter any problems or issues. I won´t have time to answer them by email so please just ask on the forum board and we´ll straighten it out as soon as we can.

I am sorry for the short notice but it is important that we move.

Enjoy the new site!

All the best!

Jim aka L61R

Thanks for the update Jim,
I look forward to checking out the new sites after Sunday night. Sounds like you've gone to great lengths to make the transition as seamless as possible. It is much appreciated!
Cheers,

Great work Jim!
Thanks for all your tireless hours, look forward to checking it out.
L-46

Thanks guys!

As always it´s a pleasure to run a forum like this with so many nice folks!!!!

Jim

Okay folks! We have a new home! So far it seems to have gone extremely smooth!

This thanks to Javier and the others at Todo10.com who has helped me do the hard work! Thanks to you guys!!!

Let us know how you fell about the new forum and the site www.sakocollectors.com !

Thanks!

Jim aka L61R

Wow Jim, the new site looks fantastic. The new additions are a great idea, and make this site a sakophile's dream!

Thank you for all the time and effort (and $$) you and your team have put into the making the new site a reality.

Cheers
Piper

Thanks a lot Piper!!

This has been a dream for me for a long time and finally I managed to set it up. We really had to move to another platform and when I managed to find such excellent help from Javier and the other guys at www.todo10.com I thought it was time to launch the new site.

I will continue to fill the site up with more info and I really hope all you good members will help me out.

But for now, enjoy the new site and take a few moments to check out all the new features!

Jim

Jim, I've been cruising the new site and everything seems to be working. Thanks, and all you do for us is appreciated.
Don

Hi Jim

Well done mate. Looks very good. Taking me a while to work out were everything is but getting there! Two questions for your web folks.

Is there a way to show a longer list of recent posts?

Is there a way to display a list of my posts or an individual users posts?
OK - worked this one out myself - just highlight your username and select my content. Hopefully, might help some others :)

Anyway great stuff you deserve a few beers on the house :D

Hi Jim

Well done mate. Looks very good. Taking me a while to work out were everything is but getting there! Two questions for your web folks.

Is there a way to display a list of my posts or an individual users posts?
OK - worked this one out myself - just highlight your username and select my content. Hopefully, might help some others :)

Anyway great stuff you deserve a few beers on the house :D
Hi!

Important message to all members of Sako Collectors Club!

Due to bugs and issues with the current SCC forum software we have to make a move to a new software. However, this should work out fine since we have already made a few test moves or migrations as they are called, without any real glitches.

All info on the forum will be moved, including PM´s , passwords, pictures, usernames and the lot. However, when dealing with computers and code, errors might occur. So please backup your PM´s.

The forum will get a new look but will work almost the same as the current forum. The biggest change will be the PM system which instead is called Conversations and posts as we know them are called Messages.

You will find the forum on the same URL as always: www.sakocollectors.com/forum

I will also take this opportunity to let you all know that I am launching a new site where the forum will be incorporated. It will be the start of a database of Sako information which has been a dream of mine for a long time. This new site can be found here: www.sakocollectors.com and it will be a site which I will update every now and then.

Currently it holds a few links and some useful information which has been hidden inside the forum and I hope you will find this new site helpful when searching for Sako info.

I hope you all will enjoy this new site and I hope you all will help me fill it with more info.

I will also need help from you members with a few other projects I have in mind but I´ll get back to you about that later on when we´ve settled in on the new site.

We will migrate on May 11 (Sunday night) CET so the forum will be closed for a little while during the migration. When we open up again you can log in as usual and enjoy the new site and forum.

And you can use your old passwords and usernames when logging in on the new forum! No passwords are needed for the other parts of the site.

Please let me know if you have any problems with logging in on the new site. But please, do me a favour, take some time to get to know the new site before starting to ask questions!

The new forum is fairly similar to the old one so it should´t cause to much of a problem for you.
I will start a thread in the General section where you all can ask questions should you encounter any problems or issues. I won´t have time to answer them by email so please just ask on the forum board and we´ll straighten it out as soon as we can.

I am sorry for the short notice but it is important that we move.

Enjoy the new site!

All the best!

Jim aka L61R
Jim...The new site is awesome,I like it a lot.Appreciate your efforts
to improve this Great Sako Site...WELL DONE !!!
RANE

Hi Jim

Hi,

Recent posts are here:
upload_2014-5-16_15-46-48.png

Jim Just a few things.... the recent post button is now gone. now where to log in now and it doesnt seem to just show recent posts when the links is there it shows all of them
thanks
scott

Latest posts

Back