• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

P54 Just picked up a P54, who else has one

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

To elaborate a bit on "pystykorva," the term refers to the upright ears of the Spitz dog. When the m/27 and m/28 rifles were issued, soldiers saw a resemblance to the dog's ears and gave the rifles their nickname.
1932 M27-6.JPG

LoL, I have almost forgotten these Showmen. I remember those fellass with redarmy in Senate Square.
I was there. Both times, in 1993 and in the ten-year reunion in 2003. Best concert I've ever seen. I have the CD and the video, but I can't play the video as it's in Euro format. Leningrad Cowboys forever!

I have been talking to a Finnish gun dealer and it amazes me at the price difference on these rifles, the P46, and other Sako rifles in general. The prices I see on them over there, they are easily 2-3 times as much here in the states.
Olli would have a much better handle on European prices than I would, but over the years I've noticed that there has been a significant decline in the demand in Europe for rimfires and small centerfires. I think that this has to do with the declining number of farmers and other rural agrarians who typically use small calibers for pests and small game. On the other hand, hunting larger game in Europe (and Africa) has become largely dominated by higher-income individuals, so it seems that "hunting" calibers go for proportionately more money than smaller calibers.

Gun stores usually have more of the well-used P54 and L46-type rifles in stock than they can sell. This is also in part due to many European countries having a limit on the number of firearms that an individual may own, so very few people want to use up their quota with a 70 year-old .22 which has gouges in the stock and only about 60% of its bluing left. But since such a rifle was never commercially imported to the U.S., we grab them at several times their European price and feel as if we're lucky to have stumbled onto one.

Conversely, as Olli points out, a pedestrian Ruger which wouldn't get a second look in the U.S. will bring double its U.S. price in some European markets.

LoL, I have almost forgotten these Showmen. I remember those fellass with redarmy in Senate Square.
When the Russians opened the show with the "Finlandia-Hymni," the crowd went crazy. It was a rare moment of friendship and warmth between the Finns and the Russians. Too bad it didn't last. For that, we can than Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin.

I think that this has to do with the declining number of farmers and other rural agrarians who typically use small calibers for pests and small game. On the other hand, hunting larger game in Europe (and Africa) has become largely dominated by higher-income individuals, so it seems that "hunting" calibers go for proportionately more money than smaller calibers.

I think that you are on the point here. I'd also like to add that our hunting laws don't favor .22 caliber firearms. The minimum required muzzle energy for hunting firearms was 150 Joules for many decades. That is quite optimistic for 22lr. Our hunting law was revised to 100J few years back when our "feral" rabbit population grew out of control. But still .22lr are not allowed for most common farmland animals like hare and fox. Now days you can shoot waterfolw and pigeons but there is better suited tool for those. Larger game have always been community effort and most moose and deer hunting groups consists of local farmers and forest owners. I think that southern EU states have far more developed comercial hunting sector. Finnish model is quite utilitarian meat production model.

I was able to shoot it again this weekend. I tried some norma tac-22, some rws rifle match, and some eley target.
All pretty much matched the group posted on page 2 with the geco match.
Seems the limiting factor here is my abilities with the open sights.

Beautiful rifle! Mine is similar, no ball rest and some sight parts, but in great condition. How did you remove the sling loops?
The rear sling loop just unscrews. The front one is a real pain. You have to bend the loop ends out of the stud until you can remove the loop. Then the stud unscrews up & out through the barrel channel side. If you don't absolutely have to remove it, don't!

Back