• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Short Actions A1 trigger +

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

wombat

Hello Members,
This may have been covered before, chance of getting an A1 in .222 s/n 8000xx, maybe early
1991?
Did this model, at this time still have the Sako #4 trigger and one piece floor plate?
Looks in pretty good shape..
Tx. Jay

The two part trigger guard was introduced in 1989. The common numbering starting with 800,049 in 1991. I'm not sure if the AI or AII ever got the Tikka trigger like the AV did in 1990, but a pic would confirm what trigger it has.

Looks like I missed out on the A1 at the head of this thread,,
But I got lucky.
I just got a .222Rem. A1 s/n 160***, I reckon about 1980.
Bluing and hardware 99%. Barrel looks as new!!!!
Gloss stock has some of the underside just foward of floor plate some of the finish bruised or dents, but ok with that, I use my Sako rifles. Also came with Sako rings that are 99%.
Hope to get it out over next few days to test fire it.
Will let all how it goes with my reloads.
Jay

Attachments

• 7D891794-2E0D-4C2B-A4ED-255F83C2C576.jpeg
    7D891794-2E0D-4C2B-A4ED-255F83C2C576.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 32
But I got lucky.
Gloss stock has some of the underside just foward of floor plate some of the finish bruised or dents, but ok with that, I use my Sako rifles. Also came with Sako rings that are 99%.
Jay

Well done Jay, that will serve you well!

Get a wee Pecar 6x45 or Kahles and you are set!

But I got lucky.
Jay
Nice one. Looks like a heavy barrel version, is it? Should give excellent service in the destruction of pests.

Nice .222 sporter there Jay! I have an A1 .222 sporter and it has the #4 trigger. I'll have to have a look at the serial number.

The gloss on the butt looks a bit strange - almost as if it's glossy to the right of a roughly vertical line in the pic, but dull/matte to the left; is that just a optical illusion due to the light?

Nice pick up.

Marcus

Yep...happy with it.
Icebear...its a sportier weight barrel with foresight and hood!
Marcus....no it’s just an illusion, even gloss, #4 trigger about 2lbs.
Stock has the Sako thing with the finish, where in certain lights looks a bit “cloudy” .....then it rubs off, Ive had other Sako rifles with this.
Took apart last nite, to check out “internal” and has not been “fiddled” with too!!!
Not sure bout scope yet, VX 11 or 111 x 40 objective, 4-12 or 3-9, will eventually end up with, but will be sighting it in with a 4-12x50 vx11.
Jay

Back