• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Short Actions bring back the 222

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Just missing front sling swivel. Unfortunately drilled and tapped for externally adjusted weaver bases for Weaversteel tube scope.Almost like Unertl.

Near perfect condition, though,99%blue and front sight hood. Stock is immaculate as well as scope bases and tube. I don't think it has been shot much either. It's like someone bought-it, scoped-it and forgot about it for 60 years.

l46 is rubbish compared to l461 but l46 is still bloody good i have both and since shooting both for over sixty years
222 still my carry rifle on the farm in l461, accurate and smooth to operate,46 can be a bit fussy.
I have many sakos in various actions my, opinion is if my fellow sako fans has or can get an early l461 be blessed.
regards abrolhos.

I kind-of like the Detachable box magazine in the L46. I have a 3 and a 7-shot mag. I traded my first .222, L46 for an earlier one in 7x33, but I didn't really want to get rid of the .222, that's just the way it went-down, but I kept the 7-shot mag. and the SAKO peep sight and eventually ran into another L46 in .222 Now I am over-joyed with the 2 of them! I have had the opportunity to buy several L461s, but haven't the taste for them...yet.

I love my L46’s …. 4( 3+1) rounds is plenty for my needs. They are perfectly balanced and light.
The L461 is just as sweet to carry with a larger round capacity (up to 8 in some models). The raised Monte Carlo stock lends to better use with a scope.
I prefer the classic straight comb and pancake of the L46
But .. I don’t see enough difference in the two for the use of the term Rubbish🤔

l46 is rubbish compared to l461 but l46 is still bloody good i have both and since shooting both for over sixty years
222 still my carry rifle on the farm in l461, accurate and smooth to operate,46 can be a bit fussy.
I have many sakos in various actions my, opinion is if my fellow sako fans has or can get an early l461 be blessed.
regards abrolhos.
Your first post here and you call the L46 rubbish? You might have thought of a better way to introduce yourself!

Different strokes.....for different folks.

My main reason for preferring the L461, is it's not requiring a detachable box magazine.......which are like finding Kryptonite these days!😖

Of course......then there's the oddball.🤫
bring back the 222

okay some did not like my terminology but we were comparing and where to start,sako agrees with me ,they must have
had similar problems or the l46 would still be made.I know some like box magazines aka l46 but not when you lose one.
I have two styles of l46 one with wing safety,other is more common square block safety which gives trouble.
Now we were comparing two actions and even though I love my 25-20,7-33 222 in l46 as a shooter they dont hold a candle
to the l461 read my words,did I say the l46 was bad,no bloody good I think I said.
abrolhos

I guess Rubbish is used to a different extent where you come from. There is a general dearth of mags out there. I just had a fascination with the stories of an old man that brought me to this sickness called SAKO collecting. He had

okay some did not like my terminology but we were comparing and where to start,sako agrees with me ,they must have
had similar problems or the l46 would still be made.I know some like box magazines aka l46 but not when you lose one.
I have two styles of l46 one with wing safety,other is more common square block safety which gives trouble.
Now we were comparing two actions and even though I love my 25-20,7-33 222 in l46 as a shooter they dont hold a candle
to the l461 read my words,did I say the l46 was bad,no bloody good I think I said.
abrolhos
Some are more passionate than others about how to convey their messages and statements. Internationally , a single word can convey a certain emotion in one dialect yet have a different tone or emotion in another. This is a world wide forum…let us share our thoughts and experiences together in a harmonious and respectful manner, maybe not being so quick to judge.

Sakohaulism is not an easy thing , once you’ve been exposed, it’s only a matter of time.
That being said..abrolhos, could you possibly show some photos of your collection? If there is one thing Sakohaulics love besides Sako’s, it’s pictures of other peoples Sako’s!😁

Last edited:
Although I've never had any difficulties with an L46 action or safety (either wing or rolling), and I own a number of them, I regard the L461 as an improvement. The classic non-Monte Carlo stock of the L46 is appealing, but it is a bit low for scope use. The bottom line is that "you pay your money and you take your choice". I'm happy to accumulate as many of each as possible.;)

Some are more passionate than others about how to convey their messages and statements. Internationally , a single word can convey a certain emotion in one dialect yet have a different tone or emotion in another. This is a world wide forum…let us share our thoughts and experiences together in a harmonious and respectful manner, maybe not being so quick to judge.

Sakohaulism is not an easy thing , once you’ve been exposed, it’s only a matter of time.
That being said..abrolhos, could you possibly show some photos of your collection? If there is one thing Sakohaulics love besides Sako’s, it’s pictures of other peoples Sako’s!😁
Admitting you have a problem is the first step. It's a 12 step-program. after you buy 12 SAKO then you put your hand-up and say I am a SAKOHOLIC. Then what you do is turn yourself into a religious entity so you don't have to pay so much tax. For example, Matti's church of the gun. Crucifix up front made from 2 rifles and the only pre-requisite is that you have or want a gun. We pass the collection plate where donation of ammo or even empties is just fine.

Different strokes.....for different folks.

My main reason for preferring the L461, is it's not requiring a detachable box magazine.......which are like finding Kryptonite these days!😖

Of course......then there's the oddball.🤫
bring back the 222
Outstanding chunk of metal I did not know I needed until I saw-it!

Sorry to say I will need to learn how before I can post pictures of some of my sakos,I am not a purist, I am mates with a gunsmith who has done things only a hunter might allow,but I will try.
I do have a browning 22-250 which is made on a round top sako action which I have not messed with, beautiful rifle but I don't like 22-250 so it isn't used. Some of my sakos have to be looked at closely to identify,you know, stainless barrel custom stock dings and bruises sorry!
On a good note rolling safety is good,we just call them bloody square block safety.
regards abrolhos.

There's something about the vintage look and feel of an L46 deluxe in any caliber. Like sunshine on my shoulder, they make me happy. Almost always makes me high.

Back