• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Hello from Michigan

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

New memeber here from Michigan just purchased a sako AV deluxe LH 7mm rem mag. In literally perfect condition . Number starts 6322. Is this late 80s? How much are they worth ?

Attachments

• 78F844CD-F9F8-4495-BA7C-7A3F114AFEBC.jpeg
    78F844CD-F9F8-4495-BA7C-7A3F114AFEBC.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 66798FA3-A8CE-448A-BCC8-A889085A9E81.jpeg
    66798FA3-A8CE-448A-BCC8-A889085A9E81.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 63D40ED7-F475-4A0A-94F4-4A881C3D08D8.jpeg
    63D40ED7-F475-4A0A-94F4-4A881C3D08D8.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 19
Welcome to the forum and the highly addictive world of Sako rifles.

7mm Remington Magnum is a great cartridge, but not scarce and not necessarily exciting to collectors. To the right person, that was looking for a lefty Deluxe in this chambering, I think you're rifle would easily go over $1,000.
Many of the members on this forum do not like giving price opinions this way (for good reason). Many factors determine the value of a rifle.

I have 4 Finnbears chambered for 7mm Remington Magnum, 2 standard and 2 deluxe models. They all shoot great. Here's a pic my deluxe models. The blond one is a Bofors Deluxe serial number 20xxx and the other is numbered 58xxx. The earlier gun is much slimmer through the wrist and fore end, which I strongly prefer.
PXL_20201113_014042164.jpg

New memeber here from Michigan just purchased a sako AV deluxe LH 7mm rem mag. In literally perfect condition . Number starts 6322. Is this late 80s? How much are they worth ?
Welcome, and a very nice deluxe. It looks very similar to my 300 Wthby. purchased new in 1989. Serial numbers jumped around a lot but yours is close to mine. The Stoeger imports seemed to have very nice wood grain and finish.

The serial number would be too high for the records here. There are a lot of folks here that are very knowledgeable. Maybe they can give you better information. I've seen these sell from $1100 to $2000 NIB. I assume your from the land of the trolls?

Yes I am. I picked the rifle up for under a grand . I’m stoked, I was not in the market but it was on the used shelf at my local gun shop. Thing just drew me right in

Yes I am. I picked the rifle up for under a grand . I’m stoked, I was not in the market but it was on the used shelf at my local gun shop. Thing just drew me right in
Looks like you did well. Enjoy your new toy. Two and a half days until whitetail firearm season. The Holiday starts tomorrow. Up here anyway. No school or work for most places.

Left-handed bolts are highly prized by lefty shooters, but totally ignored by the other 90%. This means that the market for them is "thin", but demand within that "thin" market is strong. Stocking dealers don't like to have them on the shelf because they can sit there for years before the right customer comes along. On the other hand, lefty shooters are often willing to pay a premium to get their hands on one. This makes valuing a LH rifle (of any make) very difficult -- they sometimes sell for peanuts and sometimes go for a premium. So, the rifle is worth what it is worth to YOU. At less than $1,000 for a Deluxe Sako that is for your personal use it is a huge bargain.

Latest posts

Back