• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

ID SAKO .223

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi everyone,

Would any of you be able to tell me more about the following Sako 223. It's not in the same condition as my .222 as it has a working life on the farm, but it is just cosmetic and nothing new blueing can't fix in future...still as accurate as the ever!

Looking for info on the bottom rifle, top one is my near pristine Sako 222 L461 Vixen

ID SAKO .223

ID SAKO .223

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Hello Stefan,
Your SAKO .223, AI action with SN 167609, plus the round bolt shroud, puts the manufacture date somewhere between 1978-1980. Which if it were imported to the U.S., would have, "Imported by Stoeger" import stamp on the underside of the barrel in front of the forearm. I have no knowledge about import regulations in South Africa, Yet from what I have found thru research and posts on this forum, prior to Stoeger, Garcia Sporting Arms was the importer of SAKO rifles to the U.S. Canada, Australia and South Africa. If this is true, I guess one could assume that when Stoeger took over for Garcia in 1978, they probably continued to operate as the importer of SAKO into South Africa. Obviously, the recoil pad has been added and is not factory. What is the black rectangle on the side of the stock? Carl

Hi Vigo,

Thank you. Yes the recoil padis not standard but I've got the original one and the front sight protector safely stored away.

The black patch is a patch of velcro where a switch gets attached to for a spotlight that goes on the scope for hunting jackal at night...like I mentioned it is a working rifle.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Back