• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Lil’ Gun powder and the 7x33

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

bloorooster

The Old Hippie
Does anyone have any experience with this particular powder in the 7x33? I have found it to be very accurate with my 22 Hornet.
Any info or response is appreciated!

I've seen Quick Load (computer suggested loads) for the 7x33 with 78 grain bullets for (burn rate in parentheses) the following powders. VV N110 (61), Lil' Gun (62), H110 (63), Win 296 (64), IMR 4227 (65), AA5744 (67), & AA1680 (68). So it appears Lil' Gun falls within the group of powders that could be suitable for the 7X33. However, Quick Load's disclaimer says loads calculated may NOT be above the Minimum or NOT be below the Maximum listed in any reloading manual. If you use a different bullet weight you are adding another unknown as well, but it looks like Lil' Gun is a candidate for some prudent & cautious experimentation in the 7X33. Quick Load gives 15.8 grains as a max load for Lil' Gun, but take that with a grain of salt. Anytime you reload for a round without EXACT & TESTED data, which Quick Loads is NOT, you enter dangerous territory. Using a chronograph & starting well below anything you find listed for the 7X33 would be advisable, as well as a long string tied to the trigger!

I've seen Quick Load (computer suggested loads) for the 7x33 with 78 grain bullets for (burn rate in parentheses) the following powders. VV N110 (61), Lil' Gun (62), H110 (63), Win 296 (64), IMR 4227 (65), AA5744 (67), & AA1680 (68). So it appears Lil' Gun falls within the group of powders that could be suitable for the 7X33. However, Quick Load's disclaimer says loads calculated may NOT be above the Minimum or NOT be below the Maximum listed in any reloading manual. If you use a different bullet weight you are adding another unknown as well, but it looks like Lil' Gun is a candidate for some prudent & cautious experimentation in the 7X33. Quick Load gives 15.8 grains as a max load for Lil' Gun, but take that with a grain of salt. Anytime you reload for a round without EXACT & TESTED data, which Quick Loads is NOT, you enter dangerous territory. Using a chronograph & starting well below anything you find listed for the 7X33 would be advisable, as well as a long string tied to the trigger!
Thanks , I believe I also ran across some of that data while searching.
I’m mostly gathering information in order to hopefully find a way to supply myself and my sons with safe and reliable ammunition.
Thank you for the precautionary comments…I can use string long enough to pass thru my truck windows and duck behind it 😉

Last edited:
I've used AA1680 successfully. No reason that Lil Gun shouldn't work, but I have found some significant variations between two lots of Lil Gun (one giving much higher velocity spreads than the other) so make no assumptions, start on the low side, and use a chronograph or you'll have little idea what is actually happening.

I have only used N 110 for 7x33 with satisfaction, unlike Mick Jagger. I have used Lil gun in the 218 bee. Excellent. This doesn't answer the initial question, but maybe valuable down the road. You can't always get what you want.

I am very curious about using L'il Gun in my 7x33. I used Unique with the lead-bullet loads but haven't had to reload any jacketed bullets yet. I am also waiting on a set of Redding dies on-order.

I have only used N 110 for 7x33 with satisfaction, unlike Mick Jagger. I have used Lil gun in the 218 bee. Excellent. This doesn't answer the initial question, but maybe valuable down the road. You can't always get what you want.
Some guns give me bug holes
Some guns , bring me gold
Some guns give me flyers, that I never asked for.

Gimme all your bullets
Gimme all your brass….

Hopefully, in time , I’ll get what I need

Back