• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

My first L461 A1 .223

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Looks great! Good find! Scope looks perfect for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great photo, and terrific find. It does look like that scope is a perfect fit - what rings and what height?

Marcus

Great photo, and terrific find. It does look like that scope is a perfect fit - what rings and what height?

Marcus

Thx. Leup Mediums. Its a 42in objective on the Z3 and the OD of the bell is 47mm. Could squeak by with 48mm but not more. If went with high rings then would lose the nice cheek weld. I dont see a 30mm tube fitting this rifle. I dont think they even had 30mm tubes back in that era.

I also free floated the bbl yesterday and replaced the action screws with 4mm hex. Now i can pop off the stock to clean anytime and not lose zero. Important as I use this in rainy wx. It shot 3.5 in. low after relieving the bbl up pressure. Did it mess up the accuracy? Well, I put 14 consecutive hornady 55gr varmint factory loads inside a 1 in. target sticker, shooting off my pack on a bench. Good enough for me!

2 more things to do: one is to knock off that 1970's gloss with 000 steel wool and the other is to add a 1/2in butt pad to lengthen the lop. Then it will be a keeper! And still a Sako but a hunter's one and not a collector's one.

Looks to be the same vintage as my A1 .222. I too took off the factory finish (was dull, chipped and scratched) and oil finished it, added a thin rubber butt pad (mainly to stop is sliding on hard surfaces when propped up against something).

9ab5ab4513e92f4adf0df8a4e16eeeb0.jpg

808d020f25ddcdb8cfdd48d3decde783.jpg

Good to know on the mounts - might be what I already have on my mine. Those Z3 Swarovskis are tempting - I assume no bolt clearance issues?

Marcus

Very nice! I like the stains. Yeah i/m putting a 5/8 in, sandable limbsaver on mine to get the extra lop and stop the slide when propping up the rifle.

Looks to be the same vintage as my A1 .222. I too took off the factory finish (was dull, chipped and scratched) and oil finished it, added a thin rubber butt pad (mainly to stop is sliding on hard surfaces when propped up against something).

9ab5ab4513e92f4adf0df8a4e16eeeb0.jpg

808d020f25ddcdb8cfdd48d3decde783.jpg

Good to know on the mounts - might be what I already have on my mine. Those Z3 Swarovskis are tempting - I assume no bolt clearance issues?

Marcus

I also put on a thin limbsaver for the non-skid effect.

No bolt clearance issue at all.

The “ Plex “ reticle is also popular, this is same? Similar to the Leupold Duplex
type reticle.

Back