• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako AII 243 WIN Rebarrel Project

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi all,

Many, many years ago I had a chance to come by a brand new Sako Deluxe AII in 243 WIN, it holds a special place in my heart since it was my very first big game rifle, and all my family has hunted with it, I was even fortunate enough to install a Canjar set trigger on it.
I am about to rebarrel it with a Proof research sendero light 22" barrel soon to be chambered in 7mm-08 AI
I am reluctant to do any work on the beautiful original wood stock, as the barrel channel would have to be opened almost to the point of ruining the original stock.
Does anyone have any experience fitting a Carbon Fiber stock to this AII action ?
So far I have reached out to McMillan and AG Composites but no luck with them :( ,
I would be quite happy even with a semi-inletted CF stock as I am comfortable doing any final inletting and bedding jobs myself.

Many thanks in advance, Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Brown Precision makes a stock for the Sako medium action. They’re making one for me that should be done in 6-8 weeks.

Hi all,

Many, many years ago I had a chance to come by a brand new Sako Deluxe AII in 243 WIN, it holds a special place in my heart since it was my very first big game rifle, and all my family has hunted with it, I was even fortunate enough to install a Canjar set trigger on it.
I am about to rebarrel it with a Proof research sendero light 22" barrel soon to be chambered in 7mm-08 AI
I am reluctant to do any work on the beautiful original wood stock, as the barrel channel would have to be opened almost to the point of ruining the original stock.
Does anyone have any experience fitting a Carbon Fiber stock to this AII action ?
So far I have reached out to McMillan and AG Composites but no luck with them :( ,
I would be quite happy even with a semi-inletted CF stock as I am comfortable doing any final inletting and bedding jobs myself.

Many thanks in advance, Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Mike.........
Another option.......keep the deluxe 243 as is. Maybe even bore-scope the factory barrel. It sounds like a nice factory rifle......with an even better family history behind it. Any pics?

Then build your custom 7-08AI.......based on an L579 or AII action, with custom barrel and custom stock.

Just a thought.......

Latest posts

Back