• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako M995 TRG-S Scope mounts

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Voere

Hello
I am a new member I am in need of a mounting solution on an M995 TRG -S THE rifle has fixed sights I have been looking at the Sako Optiloc bases and rings however I am not sure which bases and rings will work on the M995 trg-s I see Sako also has pic rails The rifle is chambered in 300 Weatherby magnum which I am pretty sure is a long action I plan on going with a Steiner scope with a 30mm tube I have other scopes with 34mm tubes which to me is getting very large scope for the rifle any thoughts on which rings and mounts to choose?
Thank You in advance
Voere

This is the correct Sako Optilock base set. Don’t pay any attention to the L461 reference. It should say L61R. Then you will need rings to match your scope application.

Leupold also makes one piece ringmounts which would need to be selected based on tube size and height.

You could also try and source this style of bases, then a set of appropriate rings.

Last edited:
Hello Bigcountry4me
I have a set of leupold high rings for sako however they are for a 1 inch tube the bases you posted would work with that however the only 1 inch tube scope I have which is suitable for this rifle is an older burris 4x16signature. which has a high gloss tube that is just cosmetics issues I am trying to figure out a low cost solution to mount a scope without having to drop 1k or more on a scope My issue is I still do not understand Sako actions as well as I should I do not know what action types are suitable or work with one another as far as rings and bases
Thank for the help
Voere

sako however they are for a 1 inch tube
Leupold Sako ringmounts are available in 30MM - in I believe four height choices. Please look closer at the link I attached. The Sako dovetail system is about as user friendly as anything ever designed.

Edit: look at eBay they have good selection.

Last edited:
Here is the m995 I am trying to get the scope bits and pieces together. Getting closer new in box came with 3 mags leupold ring 300 weatherby reloading dies original butt pad it wearing a limb saver pad plus a nice cleaning rod I want to shoot this rifle ASAP

Attachments

• Sako M995 TRG-S Scope mounts
    552.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back