• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Source for Tikka m65 parts

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Bought a nice Ithaca LSA 65 06 today . Overall it's in decent condition . I'll put up some photos in the near future . Only drawback is that the magazine falls out - I looked at an exploded schematic online and it appears the magazine lock spring is MIA . Wondering if there is source for springs an screws for 50 + yr old Tikka's . I've checked out Nimrich, Midwest gun works already . Any suggestions .thanks

The mag latch spring on the M55/M65 rifles has a nasty habit of disappearing when someone takes the gun apart who is not familiar with this particular model. Fortunately, it's easy to make a replacement. Brownells sells a pack of assorted spring stock, containing assorted diameter spring stock. One of these sizes is a good fit for the M65. Just cut it to length, clean up the cut end with a file, and you've got it. I know this for a fact because I've done it.

I wouldn't even bother looking for a factory replacement spring. There used to be a guy on eBay and/or Gunbroker who had an assortment of small parts for old Tikkas, but I haven't seen his ads in a while. IMHO it's easier to make a replacement spring than to try to find an original.

Icebear , thanks for the info about Brownells . I've got a couple older gunsmiths in my area . I'm going to check with them on the off chance that they have something in stock . And if that fails get in touch w/ Brownells, Midway etc . Gave the rifle a cleaning when I got it home . Everything else appears to be in working order .

StillHunter, if your searching should encounter a rear sight blade for an M65, please let us know. I think icebear is first in line for that, but I need one too. Thanks.

The mag latch spring on the M55/M65 rifles has a nasty habit of disappearing when someone takes the gun apart who is not familiar with this particular model. Fortunately, it's easy to make a replacement. Brownells sells a pack of assorted spring stock, containing assorted diameter spring stock. One of these sizes is a good fit for the M65. Just cut it to length, clean up the cut end with a file, and you've got it. I know this for a fact because I've done it.

I wouldn't even bother looking for a factory replacement spring. There used to be a guy on eBay and/or Gunbroker who had an assortment of small parts for old Tikkas, but I haven't seen his ads in a while. IMHO it's easier to make a replacement spring than to try to find an original.
Icebear , you don't happen to recall the diameter of that spring ,do ya ?

I think I may have that information in my shop (in a separate building) but I was out there today and didn't find anything. In any case, if you are going to make a spring from the Brownells spring stock like I did, it comes in a multi-pack of various small diameters and you can just pick the one that fits the recess in the mag latch. I'll let you know if I can find the specs for the spring.

Alright , I've been checking out some youtube videos on how to cut spring coils , so I'm looking forward to a bit of trial and error . Thanks for looking .

Icebear , thanks for the info about Brownells . I've got a couple older gunsmiths in my area . I'm going to check with them on the off chance that they have something in stock . And if that fails get in touch w/ Brownells, Midway etc . Gave the rifle a cleaning when I got it home . Everything else appears to be in working order .
Smiths will usually have a pile of spring stock laying around as cutting spring stock to fit is a common repair.

Thanks, that is something I will explore this week . Got a couple a good local gunsmiths. That most likely have Seen an Ithaca or two come through their shop . The web is bursting with info on T3's but not so much the older Tikkas .

Icebear thanks for the specs. Your timing was impeccable. The package of springs arrived from Brownells yesterday . This is the Wollf small spring kit , in cade anyone else is interested. There are a pair of springs included that fit the m65 magazine lock/latch . Rather than alter to the correct length that would allow the magazine to be removed , I chose to jam the spring into the slot as is . This locks the mag. In place so tightly that the latch is disabled - while allowing everything else in the trigger assembly to function . Considering the price and lack of availability og magazines I'm OK loading through the receiver port . Ice b ear thanks again for the info about Brownells .

Icebear thanks for the specs. Your timing was impeccable. The package of springs arrived from Brownells yesterday . This is the Wollf small spring kit , in cade anyone else is interested. There are a pair of springs included that fit the m65 magazine lock/latch . Rather than alter to the correct length that would allow the magazine to be removed , I chose to jam the spring into the slot as is . This locks the mag. In place so tightly that the latch is disabled - while allowing everything else in the trigger assembly to function . Considering the price and lack of availability og magazines I'm OK loading through the receiver port . Ice b ear thanks again for the info about Brownells .
I don't believe the LSA 65 magazine was designed to be top loaded through the action port. If you do force them in the magazine that way you could potentially damage the magazine lips & cause your mag to malfunction. The A7 Sako DBM was advertised as being able to be loaded that way, but if loaded through the top the lips would eventually stretch apart & the mag would dump all it's round at once when the bolt was pulled back. DBMs are usually loaded by sliding the rounds in from front to back while pushing them down into the mag. Just food for thought.

Latest posts

Back